SR22 holster

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by louchia, May 18, 2014.

1. louchia

louchia Member

Need some good recommendations for IWB holster for SR22. I've looked at FIST and one other and just get confused. Would like to here what you suggest and why.
    Thanks people

2. Whaler

Whaler New Member

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I too like Remora Holsters.
    Very comfortable.

My Sig Ultra Carry 1911 in one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jim

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

PS holster model 035
    Holds just about any gun as seen in pics. Can be worn IWB/OWB, L/R handed. It has a belt clip or can run the belt through the cutouts on holster. I always just wore it LH OWB and a loose shirt has no problem hiding it with gun. Can be bought for under $20.
    If I had as much butt as gut then I could hide an AK.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  5. Gabby

Gabby New Member

Well Buster,
    it's all your fault I just ordered the PS-035 off eBay for $12.79 & free shipping.
    I checked lots of other places that had them listed for around $9.99, but the shipping was ridiculous some were over $13 via UPS, for a package I'll bet would fit in your pocket.
    I'll let you all know what I think of it when it gets here.
    I currently carry my SR9C in a Blackhawk IWB holster and most of the time
    I hardly know it's there, but I would like an alternate means of carrying it.
    A friend lent me a belt slide for his 1911 and it fit just fine, but I wanted the belt clip to help hold it in place when my belt is undone. I think by turning the belt clip to the inside I will be able to hang it over the waistband of my pants and thus keep it from slipping off my belt. I carry with an over shirt or vest on all the time like you do in your photo.
    I was planning to make one like it but I can't even buy the leather for what I just paid! :Cooltu:
    Gabby
    PS our belly's are a match. :eek:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  6. buster40c

One improvement I figured would be to drill a small hole through the top corner of the holster to run a leather shoe string through. This could then be used like the cowboy holsters do to go over the hammer or gun slide to hold the gun from falling out by bending over to far or dropping the pants in a restroom.

7. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

Pistol comes out of the holster in a restroom stall- easier in my opinion.

8. Gabby

Gabby New Member

If you wear boots just slip the pistol into the top of your boot till you get your business done, keeps it close to hand and prevents embarrassing thumping sounds followed by nasty words. :eek:
    Learned that when I carried a snubby in my boot for years, never got caught and didn't have a permit either, probably just lucky I guess. :eek:

Here is what I use for EDC from Blackhawk sized for the G-19 or 17 4" the 3 1/2" works just fine in it. Took wetting and force fitting but ended up fitting like it was made for it. I wish it had some cant built in but it still works for me and I only gave $20 for it. So I can't complain too much.
    Gabby

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  9. buster40c

I like a holster to have a cant or at least rides high so it doesn't let the barrel show beneath the bottom of my shirt. I can't stand IWB holsters but then again I ain't skinny either.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  10. Floorist

Floorist Old Timer

I carry my SR22 in my jeans pocket. I found an in-pocket holster on Amazon for $20. It also had a clasp that I took off, that would allow clipping to a belt.

11. Gabby

Gabby New Member

5' 8 1/2'' and 180# nekid (ugly sight :eek:) I aint exactly skinny either. LOL
    That's why I wear suspenders, because around the house I let it all hang out :p, and a regular belt holster would slide the belt out from the belt loops and down it would go ker-thump on the floor and hopefully it wouldn't decide to go bang as well. The other reason is one you mentioned early on, no butt to help hold up my britches either and my SR9C isn't exactly heavy until you hang it on a belt without insurance to keep it up where it belongs instead of down around my ankles. :cheesy:
    I wear the cover shirt to hide the grip not the muzzle because it doesn't show, only the grip and the very top of the slide does.
    Gabby

12. Gabby

Gabby New Member

Most of the jeans I've ever seen are pretty snug and hard to get something like a gun into and out of easily, sitting down it would be next to impossible. Unless you are wearing something like cargo pants then not so bad. Back pocket maybe but I wouldn't want to have to sit on a pistol that size either. A SR22 isn't exactly petit and wasn't designed as a pocket gun. I'd like to see how you do it.
    Gabby

13. Floorist

Floorist Old Timer

A SR 22 in a form-fitting holster slides right into my jeans pocket.

14. Gabby

Gabby New Member

Have you tried to get it out when you are seated?
    Gabby

15. Gabby

Gabby New Member

My new holster arrived today 2 days early , how about that? :Cooltu:
    I'm still trying it different ways and haven't settled on one yet.
    Tried my Charter Arms Undercover 2" 38 in it and it snuggled right down in there, even better than my SR9c, I think it will be my holster of choice for it in the future if I decide to carry it instead of the 9mm.
    I'm working on a Bianchi belt slide designed for the 1911 Commander that hangs different that the new one but I'm still dithering and haven't made up my mind.
    I still like my Blackhawk IWB size #3 made for Glock 17/22 made in Italy of some really nice leather. I just need some options in the event I need to dress differently or just in case my side gets sore for some unknown reason. Perhaps falling on my sorry old B uh Hip, yeah that would do it! :eek:
    Give me a few days and I'll give a progress report.
    Gabby