SR22 Am I crazy?

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by beltron462, Mar 8, 2013.

1. beltron462

beltron462 New Member

This isn't a huge deal but I noticed yesterday that the safety button on my sr22 looks like it's turning red OR maybe it has always had a little red tint to it and I've just never noticed. I'm a little OCD so it's bugging me. I guess I'm hoping it isn't rust or anything. Could anybody with an sr22 comment? Thanks a lot.

2. justin626

justin626 New Member

Noticed a bit of that myself the other day but first noticed it in the guide rod recess. Taking it to the range today so I'll inspect it further and report back when I clean it later.

3. beltron462

beltron462 New Member

Might be a stupid question, but I wonder if that safety is metal or polymer.

4. justin626

justin626 New Member

Got back from the range and cleaned it. Today was only the third time its been shot. As far as what I'm seeing on mine, I think it might just be whatever lube or preservative they use at the factory. What little bit that was in the guide rod recess wiped right out.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  5. beltron462

beltron462 New Member

Same exact thing I saw when I first bought mine and cleaned it. It was in the guide rod recess too. Looked like a rusty type of liquid. Wiped right off.