Ruger Talk Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
I had a Ruger SR1911 it was one of the best 1911 ,I've ever owned it was better than my Colt 1911 Gov Mdl , The thing would feed empty shell cases . It was accurate & reliable & I had won many Bowling Pin Shoots with it , my Son now owns that SR1911 now along with my Kimber 1911 , Colt Gold Cup 1911 , Colt Gov Mdl , Colt Commander , all my 1911 collection was past down to him last year .But out of all of them I fancied the Ruger SR1911 the most . I now Have the Springfield Armory XD .45 ACP Tactical & XDM .45 ACP Competition , like the High capacity of 14 rounds with one in the chamber and the accuracy of these two pistols is phenomenal I still do the Steel Challenge , Bowling Pin & Falling Plate , IPSC Competitions and win not too bad for my age . During the last IPSC SHOOT one kid said that old man moves like chain blue lighting during that Last IPSC event every shot hit the "A" Zone my best ever score ,that kid was impressed .But with that Ruger SR 1911 I always did just as well with it also.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts