Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
There are no updates to be had. There is no prospect for the SR1911 to be approved in California. It lacks the requisite LCI and also lacks a magazine safety. And of course, with the new microstamping requirement, which not one single gun manufacturer is providing, it further cannot be approved for the California roster.

There is a pending court case winding its way through the courts that could change all of this. But don't expect anything soon, if at all.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
That's so sad, a great American hand gun like the 1911 not allowed in your state......

·
Registered
285 Posts
That's so sad, a great American hand gun like the 1911 not allowed in your state......
Yes, California is all screwed up. The odd thing is that many older guns are "grandfathered" in. For example, I own a Dan Wesson PM-7 .45 1911 as well as a Kimber and several Colts. None of these have LCIs and the Dan does not have a magazine safety. But these can be bought new in California because they are "grandfathered" in.

I am somewhat surprised that Ruger has not made a California-compliant SR1911. It would not be difficult for them to provide it with an LCI and a mag safety. I guess they are selling so many of these fine pistols in the other 49 states that they have just written off California (which is around 25% of the national gun market, by the way) at least for now. To be regretted, as I am a Ruger fanboy, but there are other good 1911s to be had here that are comparable to the SR1911.

·
Registered
8 Posts
A mag safety and loaded chamber indicator on a 1911? Those idiots running Cali must have nothing better to do but think of ways to stop guns from entering Cali. Wow!!! Glad I live in ohio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts