SR1911 Firing WITHOUT the trigger being pulled .

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by TomAHawk, Mar 9, 2015.

1. TomAHawk

TomAHawk New Member

My SR1911 jammed Yesterday .No big issue I am used to autos jamming . The problem was when I cleared the jam (by racking the slide ) I was done shooting for the moment .The hammer was cocked back all the way . I turned away from my friend to decock the hammer (by hand because this weapon has no decocker) before I could even put my fingers on the hammer to do so THE PISTOL WENT OFF !! . I had My trigger finger UNDER the trigger guard. Before You jump to conclusions ,READ- I have been shooting since I was 7 and now I am 47. My life is guns .I was a certified Army Armorer. This gun is new and might have 200 RNDS through it . The trigger seems to take less pressure to drop the hammer now ,perhaps 3 LBS . Anyone Else had this issue ? The hand grip safety WAS depressed when this happened .This is a major Safety concern .

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk,

Just me, but I would be sending it to Ruger with a full description of the problem. Too dangerous.

BTW, I encourage you to stop over at "Introductions" and properly introduce yourself to us.

Thanks

Jim

3. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Very major. Like Phideaux said, get that bad boy sent to Ruger ASAP.

Keep us posted on your updates.

4. bullcannon

bullcannon New Member

I know what happened your sear and sear spring aren't in the correct position could easily happen during assembly.