Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased N.I.B. SR1911 model 6700 5" inch. I started to field strip it to do initial cleaning so I could take to the range the next day. As soon as I removed the wood grips, I noticed on the stainless frame, surrounding the blued grip screw bushings, what appeared to be a light yellow color area. I tried to remove with alcohol and rubbing. I could not remove. I contacted Ruger and they sent a prepaid Fedex label. They received the gun on 2-20-2018. What was said to me is causing me concern. Basically, the C/S rep stated, If we can not correct, we may choose to replace it . Since I live in N.J., this requires filing for a new Pistol Permit at a total cost of $40.00 to cover background checks, Permit, and NICS.Plus waiting approx. six weeks.Is this a yellow possibly rusting or something else? And is this problem common? AND has anyone else had this or ANY other problems with recent 2017 or 2018 purchases of these model 6700 .45acp pistols?
Thank you in advance

·
Registered
715 Posts
Stainless steel is rust resistant......not rustproof. Without pics its hard to tell. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. Get some very fine steel wool and spay it with WD40 and lightly rub to remove rust.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ruger has my SR1911 and problem was too much Locktite that ran over and discolored frame. They removed it. Thank you in advance
Please, how do I remove the entire question and the one answer? Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts