SR 556 Takedown.. Need input

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by dsalome11, Mar 1, 2016.

1. dsalome11

dsalome11 New Member

K so my wife tells me all the time I can't have my cake and eat it too.. maybe she's right... but here's my dilemma.. I just bought an sr 556 takedown, and the takedown case has limited space. I want an eotech as well as foregrip laser/light combo... BUUUUUT they wont fit in my case... which is why I bought the gun in the first place?! so does anyone offer an aftermarket bag for the takedown, that will secure all parts and have clearance for everything? thanks for making it through my spiel :rolleyes:

2. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

Try a Pelican case- I use them for several of my rifles and handguns when I travel.

3. dsalome11

dsalome11 New Member

I like the pelican case, but ultimately I went with the larue tactical covert mkii case. A little bit pricey, but it should hold everything I have and then some. I will let you know how it works out. I appreciate your post

4. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Glad you found a good case! Pics! We want pics! ;)

Btw if it's not to much trouble take a minute and give a little introduction in our introduction section! We'd love to give you a proper welcome to the family and get an idea of who were talking to. Don't have to get fancy on us ;)