sr 22 with a suppressor

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by Mrdaputer, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Mrdaputer

Mrdaputer Member

Hi guys I am thinking about getting a threaded barrel so I can run a suppressor on my sr22. Either that or buy a different pistol. I was wondering who is running a can on their sr22 and what kind is it and how do you like it? Any help out there?

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

You do realize it is illegal to use a silencer without a permit/license from the almighty government. You have been muzzled.
    I have also read that the government is or has passed a law prohibiting them.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,
    In Az you can have a silencer however you go through hell trying to get one. It takes about 6 months, you drivers license #, your license plate# and a bunch of other stuff plus $250.00.
    Sugesstion: put an empty 1 liter Coke bottle on the end of your rifle and basically you will get the same effect. I know you have seen all the gangster movies where they screw one on and PSSST and that's all there is. Not quite. The bigger the caliber, the more noise. Watch Hickok .45 on You tube and he shoots a pistol (I believe) with a silencer. Another suggestion, tape the BG's mouth shut with duct tape and you won't hear him holler:cryinglaugh:
    Tommy

4. OldTexan

OldTexan New Member

It's crazy the redtape one goes through to get a permit for a suppressor.....I'm thinking about suing the government for hearing loss over the last 55 years.:D

I've never understood the thinking behind making them illegal w/o permit. It's a stretch to use the noise of a round being fired as a means of realizing a round is being fired. Without the noise so much about shooting would be more user/area friendly.....:confused:

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I would think since OSHA requires wearing hearing protection in loud work environments then OSHA should make silencers mandatory for all police and military guns. Yea right like that would happen.

6. Mrdaputer

Mrdaputer Member

I know all the rules and regulations. I have to get a can stamp finger printed etc. ;) I wanted to know if anyone on this forum used one and what they thought of it.

7. GreenSmoke

GreenSmoke New Member

Yes, I have a SS Sparrow I use with my Sr22. The Sr22 cycles great with it on. Every once in a while I get a round that won't seat in the chamber and I'll have to push the slide closed.

ps You'll need a Tax Stamp;)