Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the range the other day and my 22 jammed on me. The slide would not move at all. I noticed that the take down tab was open, closed it and all was fine. Now when I cleaned it the tab was extremely hard to open and to find the inside of the tab was marred pretty good. I also started to have a lot of miss fires lately but thought it may of been the new bulk ammo I was using. Related or not to the jamming issue we'll see. Dropped it off to my LGS for the GS to look at it.
Any one else have any jamming issues.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I have never had a jam with my Sr22,

But would like to hear what they find with yours.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
I would like to know also. I have been planning on getting one, but haven't got around to it. Kinda put it off cause I have 3 Mark IIs that I don't shoot much already. Those guns are kinda picky about ammo too. I have a couple of friends that have the SR22s and they said that the guns are good about feeding any kinda ammo ya put in them. Much lighter too. I have not heard many complaints about the SR22.

·
Registered
100 Posts
My SR22 works great except with Federal Natch Targets. Some lots work, and some not. Some don't have enough power to cycle the slide, or even eject the fired case. With most other ammo its great, and a fun shooter.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well quick update. Got it back today and was told no specific reason why the jam. The counter guy asked the GS for me why the jam, and he came back to me that it probably debris of some kind. We'll see next time at the range.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I use CCI or Rem Golden and have no issues. If I use any other ammo, I may have 1 or 2 FTFeed in a box. Those seem to be an under power round that FT cycle. Over all, very reliable gun, fun to shoot.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Check Ruger site. If SR22 is fired with the takedown tab not securely closed it needs to go back to Ruger for service/repair. Parts need replaced.

Forgive me, didn't realize how old this thread was.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
^^ LOL Yeah it would be nice to know an update on the latest range visit.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Check Ruger site. If SR22 is fired with the takedown tab not securely closed it needs to go back to Ruger for service/repair. Parts need replaced.

Forgive me, didn't realize how old this thread was.

I agree, Ruger has great CS. They pay the shipping and repair/replace cost if something went out of spec when he pin drifted.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry its been a while since i been to the range. On my last it did jam again, had the LGS guy try it out and he seem to think it jammed only with one certain mag out of four. He suggested loading 8 or 9 instead of ten and try. We were on are way out so I did not get a chance to retest. Have not been lately, soon I hope. Will check back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts