Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
There's not much to convey about the model other than it's a 10/22 inside of a shell that resembles an AR style rifle.

The ProMag Archangel AR stock for the 10/22 mimics the SR22 rifle fairly well:

(click on the colored hyperlinks below)

Archangel 556 AR style conversion stock for the 10/22 rifle...

Depending on the price being asked for the SR22 rifle you might fare better purchasing a standard new or used 10/22 rifle then explore different stocks for it, or consider the chassis systems that have become available for the 10/22 rifle (and Charger pistols) from manufacturers like Crazy Ivan, PMACA, Rival Arms, Enoch Industries, etc.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am looking at a slightly used SR-22 Rifle, appears that is no longer made by Ruger, can anyone tell me anything about the rifle.
I went with the CMMG .22LR conversion for my AR-15 it has a 1:9 twist and it shoots those 60 grain subsonic with great accuracy out of my 24" barrel . and it also shoots 40 grain high velocity well.

·
Banned
405 Posts
I am looking at a slightly used SR-22 Rifle, appears that is no longer made by Ruger, can anyone tell me anything about the rifle.
Ruger has ALWAYS made a good product, there's just too dang many of those type of rifles made by others to waist their time trying to compete with the lower end versions.
You won't go wrong getting that Ruger. Their customer service is beyond better than all others, should you ever need it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
There's not much to convey about the model other than it's a 10/22 inside of a shell that resembles an AR style rifle.

The ProMag Archangel AR stock for the 10/22 mimics the SR22 rifle fairly well:

(click on the colored hyperlinks below)

Archangel 556 AR style conversion stock for the 10/22 rifle...

Depending on the price being asked for the SR22 rifle you might fare better purchasing a standard new or used 10/22 rifle then explore different stocks for it, or consider the chassis systems that have become available for the 10/22 rifle (and Charger pistols) from manufacturers like Crazy Ivan, PMACA, Rival Arms, Enoch Industries, etc.
I looked at that stock but I went with the Israeli made FAB Defense Drop In stock the IDF now uses the same Ruger 10/22 set up I have , but theirs is suppressed with a 20" Barrel. And their scope is Digital Day /Night & Thermal scope.My Scope is digital Day / Night IR scope only no thermal.

I just put a Fire Field BattleTek Weapon Light Flash Light , Green Laser / IR Laser on my 10/22 Rifle set up .I shoot Hogs at night at 60 yards over bait from a 25' ladder stand with this rifle .I have also have taken Coyotes at 100 yards with this rifle. I also use the CMMG .22 Conversion in my AR-15 Rifle & AR-15 Pistol . I found that to be very reliable in my AR-15's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts