Ruger Talk Forums banner

Sr 1911

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  harleysarge 
#1 ·
Being an older man and retired from the Military, I have an affection for the old slab sided 1911 ACP pistols. I have owned many, mostly Colt and Springfield and a few Browning HP's. I truly love John Browning's design.
But this SR is unbelievable in fit and finish as well as the custom features you would normally only see on higher priced manufacturers 1911's.

I am rejoining a local Gun Club this month and can't wait to get back to the range and fire this weapon... I am so glad I purchased this Commander
for myself. I'll write up a range report as soon as I have one..

Have a Great Labor Day Weekend.... Watch your six !

"God bless the USA and our Troops"

Sarge

#3 ·
harleysarge it is customary to go to introduction category and introduce yourself to the forum members. There are many here that share your liking the SR1911.
Welcome to the forum of a good bunch of gun lovers.

#7 ·
Gotta love a 1911 style pistol...no matter what the manufacturer.

Hard hitting caliber...awesome self defense weapon...

Hell, you can beat the perp with it when you run it dry.

Accept no substitute...
Shooter,

If I run out of ammo I am not going to use my 1911 as a club. I am too old and weak to do that. But could I have your blessing to use a 6 foot fence post instead? I don't want to have to clean BG crap off my weapon and the fence post could be left in the ditch for another person to use, even if he has a fence.

Tommy

#9 · (Edited)
Great choice Sarge ! I like the CMD in all stainless most. Just is a fantastic 1911 for an outstanding price. Some call it a entry level 1911, but I call it a out of the box custom. Being older like you I remember way back when what a entry level 1911 was really like. Back in the 60's I can only imagine what it would have cost then to customize a 1911 like the SR, especially in stainless with it's out of the box features...

#10 ·
Shooter,

If I run out of ammo I am not going to use my 1911 as a club. I am too old and weak to do that. But could I have your blessing to use a 6 foot fence post instead? I don't want to have to clean BG crap off my weapon and the fence post could be left in the ditch for another person to use, even if he has a fence.

Tommy
Your "old and weak", yet you can use a fence post for a club? Reminds me of "old and weak" Robert Duvall in "Second Hand Lions"...
I aspire to be "old and weak" like you, one day!:rotate:

#12 ·
One thing I love about the different SR1911s is the plunger tube made integral with the frame so it'll never come loose. Remember to use top notch quality mags! In all my years as gun nut, competitor, and gunsmith, I've found Tripp Research & Wilson Combat #47 are the 2 best in the world (in MY opinion)! The Chip McCormick is decent and not too far behind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.