SR 1911 which spring to use

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Tommycourt, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I just got my SR Ruger 1911 this week and am heading to the range to fire my break in rounds. Question I have is: I am into reloading .45, using 4.5 Bullseye and alloy round nose projectiles. I have only 250 round nose lead so I will be switching to Berry's .45 for range rounds SO I need to know if anybody is reloading at the present time and which return spring they are using. I called Wolfe's Spring Co. today and ordered the 12, 13, & 14 lbs. springs however I would like to know ahead of time which one to use so I can by pass my testing. If anyone has any info on this I should appreciate a reply. Thanks!
    Tommy

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

For you folks who choose to reload, I shoot 4.5 gr. of Bullseye and a 200 gr. round nose lead projectile. You can use this formula without changing out your return spring. The return spring on a Ruger SR1911 is 18lbs. and the slide assembly will lock after the last round is fired. I am not saying this is how YOU should load, I am simply showing my formula. You can re-load any way you want to. I am not accepting any responsibility for any problems you may incur, I am simply letting you know that I found this formula to be effective in strength and accuracy.
    Tommy