Springfield XD Tacticool .45

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Pancho_Villa, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Was at at a gunshow last weekend swapping a few gtns that I was bored with. Slow weekend. Lotta ARs, but nothing I could snag for less than 5 bills. Was not much coming into the show.

Finally, guy came by with the Springer Tac .45 and 3 mags, like new, no box. He wanted 4 bulls cause it cost too much to shoot and was hard to rack. He said he just got an XDs 9,Told hun a "get rid of it" price was more like 250. We settled on 3. Only thing I got all weekend.

Had to live with another plastic gun, but at least it was a .45. Gun was a bit hard to rack, but functioned perfectly with 230 gr. FMJs. Shot a bit below P.O.A. My buddy put his Ruger American .45 next to it. They appeaed much the same, except for the grip safety on the Springer.

rugertoter likes this.
  2. Pancho_Villa

Put a cheap Wally World laser on this gun today. Wenn't out and zeroed it when the sun went down in the back yard early tonight. Now to see if it will hold it's zero. Gotta shoor it a few nights this week. Works well on .22s and o.k. on 9s.The .45 might beat ir loose.

3. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Do you have any pics of that new .45?

4. Pancho_Villa

Sorry, no pics...….yet. Got a new PC in Sept. Haven't transferred any of my gun pics from the old PC. My old machine was 10 years old. Gotta figure thts one out now. Ihis old dog is slow at learning new trichs.

rugertoter likes this.
  5. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Lol. Know what you mean there! :p

Pancho_Villa likes this.
  6. Pancho_Villa

Maybe I can get thewife to get a pic of it and a couple of others I got last month to post them too. She has the smart phone and e-mail that still works. I have a dumb phone cause I can't see or read anything on anything that small,

But getting her to do anything gun related is really hard. She was just complaing about having to make reservations for a hotel room for the next gunshow in 2 weeks.

rugertoter likes this.