Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Special Dance Instructor
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Is this pistol made in Croatia like the other Springfields?

Tommy
No, only the XD models are Croatian.
The 1911 models are "made in the USA".
Addition:
I believe some parts of the Springer 1911's are made in Brazil (FORGED) and assembled in Geneseo Illinois.
Both of my Springer 1911 have Geneseo Il. USA,

SA 1911A1 pistols start as frame, slide and barrel forgings made by IMBEL in Brazil. It's been like that since day one for Springfield Armory... hence, there really isn't any outsourcing that was done to reduce labor costs. Springfield's higher line of 1911A1 pistols are all finished (> 50%) in Geneseo, IL. That's not changed. Doubt it ever will.

IMBEL is a major arms maker... world class.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I am guessing cost will be around $1100 or more. SA makes very good guns that's for sure.
I could not find pricing, not even on the SA site.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Yep I was pretty close.
I still think the EMP is the cats meow for CC.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Ask me if I would love to have a companion , for the most accurate handgun I own.;)

That new RO Operator would be a fitting partner.:cool:

Jim

·
Special Dance Instructor
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can't argue with that logic, my ("Loaded" PX9109LP ) model and RO Compact 45's would share space with that RO Operator. ;)

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I think there are a few gun addicts around here. When your guns become a collection you definitely have an addiction. This forum no way could be a rehab for that addiction.

·
Special Dance Instructor
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think there are a few gun addicts around here. When your guns become a collection you definitely have an addiction. This forum no way could be a rehab for that addiction.
Agree with you and Mrs 3T says I'm no longer a collector but an acquirer.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts

A....N...D.... who would know better....old itchy butt ..

;)

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Hi my name is.........and I am a gun addict.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Hi my name is.........and I am a gun addict.
I am not an addict! I have valid reasons for ordering a Ruger American (in .22-250) last night.

[It may take a day or two to get the reasons organized - don't push me.]

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^ I hear ya. Get the gun..........Pro-reasons mounting each time I look at the gun ad. If I had bought my Python 20 years ago it would have only been around $400. Time is money........do it now to save money.
Don't get the gun------ Con-do we really have anything to list here? At this point I am just thinking when is the gun going to get here and how much I am saving buying the gun now.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
YEP, 100% pure addiction ...^^^

any excuse works these days..:Cooltu:

Both.

Jim

1 - 16 of 16 Posts