Ruger Talk Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
We only have 2 non-Ruger pistols, a Rossi 85 .38 revolver, and my SA XD-9sc, which is really my favorite out of 9 handguns in the house. Points very naturally, fits my hand just right, accurate, easy to manage and has about 500 rounds through it without one malfunction. Yeah, it looks pretty blocky and stubby, but, boy does it shoot. :cool: With 13 rounds in the "short" mags, it doesn't come up short in any way I can find. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
My daughter and son-in-law gave me that for Christmas. When I tried to remove the factory rear sight, I discovered you can't beat the original sight off. I mean steel punch and big hammer, it barely budged. For what a good sight pusher would cost, I just sent it out and had it hard chromed and the fiber optic front sight installed. They must be pretty confident about it, If you go to LaseLyte's website, http://www.laserlyte.com/products/rtb-xd , they have a video of a guy using an XD with this sight to drive nails in wood!

·
Special Dance Instructor
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Springfield M6 Scout survival in 22/410.

It's a break down model.
The rounds are stored in the top of the stock

·
Special Dance Instructor
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
^^...I'd like to get one of those myself 3T !! ^^
Might have to do some searching as it went out of production in 2008.

Last one I saw for sale was a fat $500 and it wasn't pristine.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Question on the XD-S. can you use their fullsize magazine as spare (Like i carry my SR40C). That is a very nice looking weapon.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Question on the XD-S. can you use their fullsize magazine as spare (Like i carry my SR40C). That is a very nice looking weapon.
If you're talking about carrying a mag for a full sized XD as a spare for your XDS, no, you can't. They don't use the same magazines; the XDS takes its own single stack mags. SA does make a 7-round extended mag for the XDS (flush fit XDS mags hold 5), which makes a good spare for concealed carry.

In the photo, that's a 7-rd mag on the far right. They come with a sleeve so it also functions as an extension of the grip.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts