Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been kicking around the idea of getting one of these.
I'm nor sure why this revolver keeps getting my attention, but it does.

Anyone have any hands on experience with one?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have one in .357 mag which also shoots .38 spl. Swapped the springs and polished everything inside and out. Shoots .38 like a velvet pillow because it has a little weight to it, but not as much as the GP. I paid $425 new on GunBroker.com a few years ago.
20150817_172951.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've been looking for one for more than a couple years. I haven't found one. When I ask, I have had dealers offer to order one. I'd rather find one in a shop where I can give it a good once over before purchase.

If you haven't fired a .327, you might want to try one first. They really bark. It reminds me of the .30 carbine in a handgun.

Reactions: jmohme

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been looking for one for more than a couple years. I haven't found one. When I ask, I have had dealers offer to order one. I'd rather find one in a shop where I can give it a good once over before purchase.

If you haven't fired a .327, you might want to try one first. They really bark. It reminds me of the .30 carbine in a handgun.
I know that about .327, but also know that I can load it with 32 H&R, and I have a lot of 32 H&R brass.

Like you, I would really like to handle one before buying, or at the very least, by posting here, maybe get the opinions of someone that already owns one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have not shot 327 but I find 357 out of my SP101 2.25" pretty painful to my arthritic hands. I choose to carry 38+P 130 grain Federal HST Micro in my SP which is very manageable and quicker follow up shots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts