South Carolina Coyote Hunt

Discussion in 'Hunting Experiences' started by BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS, Aug 30, 2020.

1. I took some fellows from PA I met online on I guided hunt for Coyotes here in SC no sooner did I set up and started calling we were bum-rushed by a pack of about 12 it was so fast only one got a good shot at the coyotes, the PACK answered my call and charged in the young trailing coyote pup was unlucky he was hit center by a 55 grain .223 . 8 OF 12 were Jet Black a rare coyote color for this area the Grown Adults were black and the pups trailed behind but this little guy was the unlucky one. thumbnail_20200829_105322.jpg

mrmike7189 likes this.
  2. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

That is bitchin'! How you gonna cook that thing?

3. Out west some American Indians have cooked Dog & Coyotes to eat . No thanks I will settle on McDonald's BIG MAC.

nickndfl likes this.
  4. These two Black Coyotes were caught in a Snare set for PIGs . blkcoyote1.jpg blkcoyoteII.jpg

5. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

What about Coyote Scampi or coyote Fried Rice? Think about it.

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS likes this.
  6. Come on over I will grill it for you !

nickndfl likes this.
  7. Litehiker

Litehiker Member

12 coyotes! That must have got yer heart started!

Way to initiate a good ol' boy from PA (I'm from Erie PA myself)

Eric B.

8. Mark & Darrell were from Carlisle, PA both are avid Hunters and Varmint Hunters it was a joy to guide their hunt a good time was had by all, and a good friendship was established next spring I will visit them for some groundhog shooting,and hopefully I will have them back to Hunt Feral Hogs.

mrmike7189 likes this.
  9. Litehiker

Litehiker Member

Sounds like a Good Ol' Boy friendship there. I hunted groundhogs when I lived in Erie. Furtherst shot was 420 yards with a .300 Win mag. target rifle. (Was I overgunned?);)

Now I live in Nevada and the advantage is that here our steel range goes to 1,100 yards.

Eric B.

10. mrmike7189

mrmike7189 Member

Ground hogs ....you say. I got one with my Mini 14 at 100 yards. 1 shot iron sights. happy! 20200905_144250_HDR.jpg

11. I bet that .300 win mag turnt him a flip !

12. Now that mini 14 smoked that ground hawg !

mrmike7189 likes this.
  13. LOL LMAO LOL

14. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

Bwahahahahahahahah! Real men don't even skin 'em, just install false teeth and go for it. :mad:

15. GO FOR IT!o_O