Something to do after it snows

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jeeper1, Dec 6, 2015.

1. mark

mark Member

Got some snow a few days ago, and by now its settled down enough so there are dirt clods and cow pies sticking up through the snow. Awesome handgun targets, and you can pick your range. No cleanup.

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Hey Mark,
    Can I come over to your range and so some shooting? Only stipulation is I have to come when it is at least 80-85 degrees or I will freeze to death. I am used to a range that has no A/C and temp inside can hit 110. Only problem I can see is marking the targets but I will let you show me how. If not then I understand. LOL

Tommy

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Pee writing is always fun...

[​IMG]

Jim

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Not scriptive writing? I was never that good.

5. mark

mark Member

Tommycourt.
    Yep, it gets cold here, but I shoot from my old pickup so I am where it's warm. I drive around looking for my next target. Its sort of like I am hunting. In some places there is an endless supply of targets all the way from the fence line to as far as I want to shoot. Its been years since I shot at paper. I shoot every day I can when Its not motorcycle season. Range bag full of handguns, bag of 22 ammo, range finder, can of pop, and a snack, topped off with a wife that is happy if I am happy. Life is great.
    Its about 50 degrees today, snow is melting and I won't need the shovel that I carry for when I get stuck.

6. R2D2

R2D2 Member

We don't have to worry about that down here.....:):D;)

7. mark

mark Member

R2D2
    While you are dealing with all the tourists that are not in my way here all winter I have all this room to drive around like today, shooting freshly thawed cowpies in the wet snow that look like forth of July with no sparkle when I hit them. Today with a 22 double action revolver, and a adjustable sighted Bearcat tomorrow???
    Not that it matters but today I got into some long range shooting, some well over 100 yards. Maybe some day I would trade it for warm, but not yet. And yeah, I am gray.

8. threetango

threetango Special Dance Instructor

Goes along with that weird azz Zappa song. :greenlittle:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLIppgE45wM[/ame]