Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been eyeballing these little M1 30 carbines for a while.
Not on the top of my wish list, but just wanted one.

Couple weeks ago a guy (on another gun forum) put up pics 2 of them ,and ask me which one I like the best.

He said ,"Its Yours". I was in disbelief, to say the least.

I got it yesterday. OMG, WOW!!!
This little rifle is awesome, like new, Plainfield Machine , 4 digit sn.

Has a new sling, new mags 1 20rnd 1 30rnd.

I am lovin this thing.

Got some food coming for it ,cant wait.

WHAT A GIFT !!

Jim

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been eyeballing these little M1 30 carbines for a while.

Not on the top of my wish list, but just wanted one.

Couple weeks ago a guy (on another gun forum) put up pics 2 of them ,and ask me which one I like the best.

He said ,"Its Yours". I was in disbelief, to say the least.

I got it yesterday. OMG, WOW!!!

This little rifle is awesome, like new, Plainfield Machine , 4 digit sn.

Has a new sling, new mags 1 20rnd 1 30rnd.

I am lovin this thing.

Got some food coming for it ,cant wait.

WHAT A GIFT !!

Jim

Wow...... Nice guy! You are still in possession of your' soul I hope?.... Seriously though, how can you beat that?

·
Registered
246 Posts
must be a great friend, the only thing I got from my best friend was a noogie wen we were 12 haha. super great looking, I hear there are some nice new loads for it. When I was in ROTC that is what we shot and it was not specifically too accurate. the new loads are supposedly more accurate and have more punch.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link,

Im still in disbelief,
just waiting for ammo to arrive.

Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is one great "gift" phideaux (Jim). I absolutely love the .30 M1 Carbine. I have two (2) of them...one a 1943 Inland and the other a Plainfield Machine like your's. Since our government put the total embargo on bringing in any of our M1 Carbines from the countries we sent them to back in the 50's , 60's and 70's...the value of authentic carbines has sky-rocketed and the value of post-war carbines made in the U.S. has followed suit. Your "price" was outstanding...I traded a Ruger New Model Single Six for my Plainfield and have already been offered over $700 for it. The Inland will never be sold. You'll love shooting your Plainfield. :tiphat:

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Hey Fido,

Great little gun. I had a coouple of the PM guns. They worked as well as the military guns I had. Again, I have several hundred rounds of M1 carbine ammo I had left when I sold the ones I had. If ya can make it down here, ya can shoot as much as ya want!!!!.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts