Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, since this IS a Ruger forum, I may take some heat. I sold my speed six in 9mm, and bought my first 1911. The guy I sold it to, fell last year and broke his wrist. He can no longer operate a semi any more, and is such a lover of firearms and shooting, along with his wife, that I felt good selling him the revolver. It was tough, but I'm not getting any younger, and even though it took me a while to find it, I just couldn't get myself to shoot it. Safe queens are fine when your younger, but now I want to shoot everything I own, so off she went.............for this.;)

Attachments

·
Sorcerer
30 Posts
Anyone would / should be proud to own either one of those .
Sorcerer

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
I know, since this IS a Ruger forum, I may take some heat. I sold my speed six in 9mm, and bought my first 1911. The guy I sold it to, fell last year and broke his wrist. He can no longer operate a semi any more, and is such a lover of firearms and shooting, along with his wife, that I felt good selling him the revolver. It was tough, but I'm not getting any younger, and even though it took me a while to find it, I just couldn't get myself to shoot it. Safe queens are fine when your younger, but now I want to shoot everything I own, so off she went.............for this.;)
Maybe we should do a survey..............:cool: Do you like 1911's regardless of brand?

Anybody got a pic of an "off brand" 1911 you wanna share? Or even a Ruger 1911. (I like pics).

I've never owned a real/grown up 1911 YET. But I like em all and have been drooling over a Sig that I probably won't spring for.

BTW, Sorry you had to pitch the queen. Gotta be more fun to shoot than just admire though. It is for me!

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I used to be the same way. I would buy safe queens and take them to gun shows without the intent to sell but more to show them off. One day some guy came by my table and kept jacking around with my rifles. He came back the 3rd time and I told him that if he even touched my guns, I would cut his fingers off. I finally got to the point that I decided to liquidate them. Slowly I did and I think I am down to about 4 pistols now, 2 shotguns and 1 7mm Mag rifle, which was my elk rifle. If you don't own a museum, time to get rid of them. Did the same thing with my Model A Fords. Down to 2 of them and thinking of getting rid of 1 more. Can't drive more than 1 at at time.
Tommy

BTW-I have 3 Ruger SR1911's and 1 Colt Combat Commander I have had since '73 and it's a 9mm. What am I doing with 3 RugerSR 1911's??????

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I agree with Tommy. I had so many handguns my safe couldn't hold any more. I sold everything I didn't use or really liked. What's the point of having a collection if it just sits in a safe? Doesn't get used or showed off then what good is a collection for? That's like having a $500 painting and keeping it in the closet.
This forum doesn't have a bunch of Ruger snobs. We like seeing and hearing about all makes of guns.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I guess Im the odd duck here , on this topic of collecting.

I shoot a lot, but no, I cant possibly shoot every gun I have.

Years ago I had 2 heart attacks , back surgeries, other health issues, and it was plain to me that my wife would be out living me .

WE do not believe in banks, WE dont use them either.
I dont put any trust in precious metals, because they are valued on the dollar .(wonder where thats headed).
So I have invested in 2 things forher to have a little nest egg,to use at her needing.
I watch almost every day , guns sell in same day , when put on local classifieds, quick money.
I only buy guns at a price point, that she can get the money back, or , in most cases make a profit.
I buy toilet paper , by the truck loads( not really that much), that one day will be worth a fortune. I learned that from Bosnian survivors , when their country was SHTF overnite , it became a great commodity, for bartering.

She will be in good shape when I start growing grass over my body.

and its one of very few enjoyments , I get in life,

She likes the idea also.

Jim

Hey Buster , you aint cornred the market on tin foil hats...;):D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Buy guns yes,sell guns not in my vocabulary. I have all my kids lined up with their names already on them when I turn into worm food.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts