Snagged, Ruger 3 screw, .357 Black Hawk

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by Pancho_Villa, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Was at another gunshow over the weekend. Had unloaded a few clunkers, bught a few new things I will be posting later. But this one got priority. Guy and his wife came by my table wanting to swapa Cobra .380 with 2 bills for a Taurus .40 cal auto I had. The Cobra was pink with "Mustha pof Pimp" white pastic grips. Not quite what I would like to have.

Guy was hung up on the Taurus cause his buddy had one and he just had to have it. He reached under his shirt and pulled out this gun. I thought it was just a standard Black Hawk which was quite enough to swap even. He wanted to do it. Gun looked 99% or better. Looking closer, I noticed the 3 screw frame and it had not had the factory safety conversion done!!!! All original. Guy said his dad had given it to him and he really wanted an auto.
    He had never fired it and didn't remember if his dad ever did either. Gun did not even have a cylinder drag mark on it.

I could not trade it fast enough then. Thought he might change his mind. I can get used Taurus autos any day at the gun show.

If anyone could find a manuf. date on this one, it would help some. i could not find much in my references. Serial # 31-049XX. I just figure @ mid 60's to early 70s. It is not a 50s vintage "flat top" caue it has the newer rear sight. Only has "Stum Ruger, Southport Connt." on left side of barrel, no friggn' warning on barrel, .357 and usualRuger marks on left receiver, and 6.5" barrel.

[​IMG]

2. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Congratulations!

She is a beauty !

3. Pancho_Villa

Thanks G26. Mostly for looking at anyway.:D

4. Pancho_Villa

Where's all the Ruger collectors? Blackhawk 73?

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

oooouuuuueee,,
    Now thats what Im talkinbout...
    You are so good, at being in the right place at the right time.
    boy that is ripe for the collectors.

Nice pistola my friend.

Jim

6. Pancho_Villa

Gracias Fido,

I don't shoot the others much anyway. This one, even less. Hate to put any wear marks on it. Got 4 more 357s to shoot anyway.:D

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Very nice score Pancho...!!

I own a Ruger in .357 Magnum also...

[​IMG]

8. Pancho_Villa

That's a sharp looking Ruger SHOOTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Thanks PV...sold a used Ruger P85DC and a used Ruger Security Six to buy this NIB.