Snagged an Lcr .357, lnib

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by Pancho_Villa, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Snagged this gun at an area gunshow off a cranky old man. He had come in the show to sell it and was trying to get 4 bills out of it. I was working a table way back int he show and he showed up. I ooked at it and asked, "how muxh?" He said he had tried to get 4 and was down to 375. he was taking a hit of over a bill on it. He had bought it and fired 2 magnum rounds through it. He didn't know where they went, not on the target. Gun hurt his hand too. He just wanted to get his $ back. Best offer had been 3 on it, so I tried 325. He said he was tired of carrying it and weould take 350. We settled for 330. Gun is like new, Box, all paperwork.

fired a few rounds of +P rRemy .38 spls. out of it and some Remmy .357s yesterady. Recoil wasn't that bad. At least I could hit a pie plate with it at 10 feet.:D

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  2. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Congrats PV !! Looks great !

3. Pancho_Villa

Thanks G26. Thought you might have noticed it on the Bersa forum too.:D

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

lol I can understand why the old man was cranky. He probably wasn't expecting such a handful with 357 mags. He possibly had never shot a 357 to know they aren't called a man stopper for nothing.
    You got as heck of a good deal on it. I do like shooting mine but mostly just 38 special for target hole punching. This LCR is my CC OWB and have not once had someone seem to notice it.

5. LT2108

I think I commented on it, didn't I ;)

6. Pancho_Villa

Recoil wasn't really that bad with the magnums. Gotta dig up some Winch. 158 gr. JHPs. to try in it. The Rem 125 JHP+Ps were really nice shooting. Guess he didn't try them or didn't know that he could.

7. Pancho_Villa

Took this little ugly beast out again today and cranked up some 158 gr. Winch. JHPs. It was stout to say the least.

8. LT2108

Got a target?

9. TimKS

TimKS New Member

I like mine. It's not something I like to shoot everyday, but it feels good in my pocket when a shady character is lurking. I'm sure, if need, he'll hurt worse than my hand. :eek:

10. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

PV, glad to see your still at it, I mean snagging some PV deals.:D

Now thats a good one you grabbed there.
    I been wanting that LCR .357, just dont want to pay $430 to $495.

Good deal.

Jim

11. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Congrats....good looking gun and a great deal.....

12. Pancho_Villa

Nope, just the one with the .38 spls. I used on the other forum. A pie plate on a pizza box. Wife and I are on a diet so my standard P.V. "El Cheapo" pizza box targets are in short supply. Have to tape paper plates on the last ones I have. Didn't hit but 2 rounds on the pie plate with the Winch 158 magnums anyway.:D

Only hit 3 rounds of the Rem 125 gr. JHP +P .38 spls. First two were too low off the paper. Had to hold the whole front sight up in the notch to get it up to center. Distance 10 feet. Won't be shooting it much or carrying it. The LC9 I got the week before is much thinner. Maybe when it gets colder.

[​IMG]

13. Pancho_Villa

Thanks,

Been meaning to get one, but at a lower price than a new one. This one worked for me.

14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Good deal PV...congrats !