Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and I was seeking advice on attaching swivels to my polymer stock 10/22. I was advised to have a professional do the drilling, but wondered if it could be done with the right equipment and proper placement. Thoughts?

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Welcome Fonzie,

I put them on my plastic 10/22. I believe the brand was Uncle Mikes.
The front is bolted to the barrel band, no problem.

For the rear the instructions tell you the size drill to use. You need that size drill and only that size.
I 'globed' a bunch of epoxy in the hole till the epoxy started to set up then screwed the swivel in.

That was 6~7 years ago. I think it's going to work....

:GadsdenFlag:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wish I had took pics when I did mine on my Mini 14, I went to lowes and found a T nut with the correct thread and drilled my stock and inserted the T nut from the inside and checked it for fit, cut the threaded shank to the right length where it was flush with the T nut then used epoxy to set the T nut in the stock.
Screwed the sling stud in and let it dry. If I ever need to change out the stud I just have to unscrew it and replace it with a new one. T nut stays in the stock. Unless you take the barrel off the stock you would never know it wasn't factory installed.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk Fonzie,

Thanks for joining us,

Lots of experience and help here.

I did move your post to introductions, so more people get to welcome you.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
The "Fonzie," welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts