Slickguns.com, gunbroker.com, etc question

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Vanousb, May 21, 2015.

1. Vanousb

Vanousb New Member

Wanted to ask if anyone has order gun found using slickguns.com or though gunbroker auction site? Seems to show good prices and have a local ffl that does not charge fee. What do you guys think?

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Sorry , I have never bought anything from either sight personally, but

I have several friends that have bought firearms from Gunbroker with out any problems.

Hope that helps.

Jim

3. Haugrdr

Haugrdr New Member

I've used Gunbroker.com 3 times....no troubles at all. Just do your homework.

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I have never bought anything from either one but I do use gunbroker.com as a way to check pricing. Depending on type of weapon you are looking for, they seem to be fair on their prices. I hope this may help you!
    Tommy

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I don't recall using slickguns but I have bought guns on Gunbroker and Gunsamerica. I maybe over cautious but I will not buy from any seller on any online site that is not themselves an FFL. To many scams going on to take a chance giving $$$$ to someone that just might not be above board. At least an FFL I have a better chance getting satisfaction for a transaction.
    I am also leery about dealing with a seller that only takes money orders or certified/personal checks. Money orders fine print on back says it can take minimum sixty days for a refund and even then it seems no guarantee. By the time I pay for the money order or certified check and then mailing costs I am usually less costs paying a credit card fee and even better protection.

6. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

I buy on GB and pick up whenever I am in town all across Florida. I bought the most from Palmetto State Armory which has fantastic deals. Ship them in to my FFL.

7. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

I have used Gunbroker 9 times.......................never a hitch. It helps if your local FFL is on the ball.....................makes the transaction easier for everyone involved.............especially if he/she is on their list of known reliable receivers. Mine is 2 blocks away and has been on their lists forever...........................................I have only purchased from someone without an FFL once.

8. Vanousb

Vanousb New Member

Had a great experience with kings firearms. Bought a m&p bodyguard that they had on special for 244. With shipping paid 253. My chosen ffl does not charge fee bs hopping and had it on four days. First online firearm experience for me. Good one.