Sister Act

Discussion in 'Ruger Photos' started by ArizonaHeat, May 19, 2013.

1. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Minus Whoopi thank god.

Ive had the SR40c for a while now, just picked up a full size SR40 today. Ran out put 100 rounds through her real quick, she handles pretty well. I am going out with her again tomorrow to break her in some more. Only issue I had/have is the slide lock release is impossible to depress, hoping that gets worked out so I don't have to send it into customer service.

I plan to turn the full size into my IDPA gun and use the compact still as my EDC.

Got home from the range gave her a good complete tear down and cleaning, got her all slicked up. I removed the mag disconnect safety and install a ghost ultimate trigger reset bar. Ill be dropping her off at my gunsmiths this coming week to get my XS big dot sights installed. I will also be ordering up a Galloway precision stainless guide rod/recoil spring, and smooth it 3 trigger kit, along with a talon grip.

Attached Files:

2. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

There really isn't a huge difference in size but that extra 3/4 of an inch definitely helps with the kick.

Attached Files:

3. 00b5

00b5 Member

Had the same slide release problem with my SR40c. 3-400 rds later and it's gotten pretty smooth. Polishing it might speed the process up or just go to the range a lot.

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on the new big sister.

Got a nice pair of ladies..

Jim

5. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Congrats.....great looking SR......I think its awesome your running a Ruger in IDPA.....:cool:

6. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

That's what I am hoping happens. I compared it to my compact and it's no where near as smooth, and looks like there might be a burr on it. When it is in slide lock though it feels like there is too much tension on it from the recoil spring. I need that to function flawlessly if its going to be a competition gun, so I'm going to grease it up for now, and might take a file/stone to it.

7. ArizonaHeat

ArizonaHeat New Member

Took them out again today. Got a new batch of defense ammo, so I had to make sure it cycled and fired without a hitch in the compact. It did :) . Then put another 150 rounds through the new girl, had to make sure the ghost trigger reset bar was working right. It was. Shot the majority of those rounds working on my Mozambique and the rest weak hand only. Dropping her off with my gunsmith to throw on the sights tomorrow and for a good polishing of the striker, trigger control bar, and barrel ( want the chamber block and tip nice and shiny )

Took a brighter picture too.

Attached Files:

8. jrc

jrc New Member

That black gun is just ... scary. :)

I like it!

9. yooper

yooper New Member

My thought exactly. Love the "C",but I guess I need to get my hands on the full size and try her out.:)

10. colin1230

colin1230 New Member

Very nice pair Heat. I sure enjoy my SR9c with Talon grips.