Sir...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Shooter, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Well I was out at the river this weekend and the kids (by that I mean the highly attractive college aged ladies) kept calling me sir.

Do you remember the day you died a little? If so, please share it. I need to know there are worse things out there.

2. dutchs

dutchs New Member Lifetime Supporter

I was walking into a Grocery store with my son in Gainesville Florida......It was a little bit of" Did she just say that" too " wow....I never imagined" Bittersweet moment:eek:

3. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Yeah its sad.....I know I am getting older.....don't need to make it official...:(

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Wal mart, clerk ask me if my grandaughter is helping me shop.

NOPE, she is home with her parents.

Sorry lady, this is my daughter.:D:hammer:

Jim

5. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I remember recently taking my pregnant daughter out to dinner and had my arm around her. An old lady looked at me with total disgust like she was my GF!

6. hombre243

hombre243 New Member

Not quite the same thing but...

Back in 89 at Christmas time my Mom was losing her battle with cancer. She was determined to win the battle and because she wanted a minute by minute update on her weight she asked only for a good scale to weigh herself. I got one for her at Walmart.

I got to the checkout and my Wife was behind me in line. We are both porkers but that was a long way from my thinking. The cashier was a zombified lipstick smeared red rouged snot wearing fishnet gloves. YOOOOOGLY! Her first remark was..."I shur hope you aren't buying that as a gift for someone...I would be pissed".

I looked at my Wife and her eyes begged me to shut up. Nope, and miss an opportunity to shame the little twerp?

I told the truth: "Yes it is a Christmas present...for my Mom. She is dying of cancer and believes if she can keep her weight up she will live longer. The doctor said her weight would not have a thing to do with that...but believing it would just might. By the way, she used to look just like you."

By the time I got to that point I could see I had said all I needed to. I paid and left her almost in tears.

7. havasu

havasu In the army now..

That my friend was a great come-back. RIP to your mom!

8. hombre243

hombre243 New Member

Last Request

Mom was afraid of the water but she could go fishin in a boat if she sat dead center on a seat. She could catch fish when nobody else could. And in places where fish weren't supposed to be.

Mom's last request was for me to scatter ashes into her favorite crappie lake in Nordern Minnesota. So after a few years I had time from work (got fired) and enough money (drew out my 3 months short of pension vestment) savings) and headed to the Nort Woods. I went to the lake and found a slope where I could get down in the hole...it was a lake set way down in a slight dish. Just as I flipped the lid on the urn a hurricane force wind blew from the other side of the lake and hit mom right in the ashcan and blew a big wad of her right into my mouth. So I left there with a bit of mom on me and some in me and the rest in the lake. If I hadn't laughed, or cried as hard as I did I would not have been able to clear my eyes with tears enough to see. Mom always did love to complicate things but she always was a jokester.

9. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I believe this was your mom's way of getting the last laugh!