Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i bought a 1st run single six and it was crazy dirty. i took her apart and wowsers, she was abused. here are some before pics and a few after

after:

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Congrats,
I think the best looking ones have the 5.5" barrel like what I believe I'm looking at in the pic's.
And in stainless too! Nice. :D

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Looks great! But uh, don't forget about the front sight

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i used mothers and a my bench grinder has a polishing pad from an old buffer fashioned to it.

and yes, im going to add a fiber front sight. ordered today. now to call ruger about fitting a 22 mag cylinder for me, if they even do that. ive read vastly different reports on that.

thanks for the compliments

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
My Single Six must be a 3rd run, eh? 64-00xxx.

I tested out the mag cylinder for my gun. No function problem, but loud!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My Single Six must be a 3rd run, eh? 64-00xxx.

I tested out the mag cylinder for my gun. No function problem, but loud!
mine shows to be made early 1973 which is a first year for "new model" according to rugers site.

im looking for that mag cylinder and cant find one

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Year for mine appears to be 1975. I need to keep my mag cylinder in case I want to give the gun to a friend/relative. It ain't stainless anyway. I'm guessing that most 'orphan' cylinders are from defunct guns. Even Rugers must wear out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice clean up work. I clean mine like that after every shooting session. I like all my single sixes, and black hawks. A clean gun = good gunliness.

barracudadave67

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Yup a little mothers and a buffing wheel can make it look like nickel plated. Nice job for sure.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im still not totally pleased, i may try some 2000 wet paper and then some hand polishing. i paint cars and want my revolvers to have that glassy look like my clearcoat finishes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts