Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1972 Single Six Convertible with the 4 5/8" barrel in excellent shape. It has not been altered. I am trying to figure out what it is worth and am hitting wall after wall. The gun pricing lists are only showing "rare" and I haven't found any recent sale records to show what they are going for. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a 1972 Single Six Convertible with the 4 5/8" barrel in excellent shape. It has not been altered. I am trying to figure out what it is worth and am hitting wall after wall. The gun pricing lists are only showing "rare" and I haven't found any recent sale records to show what they are going for. Anyone have any ideas?
I don't know B/C I see no Single Six pistols on Gun Broker or Guns America of that early vintage.
I have a 1982 Single Six and that was, of course, made with the "hammer bar" safety piece.

Love my Single Six in .22 mag. B/C it's a "companion" to my RUGER 96//22 mag lever action rifle. My Single Six has an excellent light and crisp trigger.

·
Registered
Ruger 57, (2021) Redhawk .44 mag, EC9s, Ruger .44mag carbine, .Single six .22Mag (1963, first Ruger,
21 Posts
My first handgun I purchased is my Ruger Single Six 22 magnum. Mfg 1959, I purchased it in 1963. In 1969 I contacted Ruger about making it a convertible, I received a shipping box to send it to them. About 8 weeks later I received my gun back. It had the convertible cylinder(in a red cloth bag), my original plastic grips, that were replaced with walnut grips, and the entire gun was reblued to a new gun finish. Cost $14.00. Is that customer service or what? Still have the gun, plus 5 more Rugers

·
Registered
110 Posts
I own two OM three screw Single Sixes, both original 4 clicks. One is the original Single Six and the other is a Super Single Six. that has adj. sights. Both have the extra cylinder for .22 WMR. I would expect to pay $550-650 for one with both cylinders etc. Some people like boxes,papers etc, i personally do not care because I do not collect, I just shoot.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I own two OM three screw Single Sixes, both original 4 clicks. One is the original Single Six and the other is a Super Single Six. that has adj. sights. Both have the extra cylinder for .22 WMR. I would expect to pay $550-650 for one with both cylinders etc. Some people like boxes,papers etc, i personally do not care because I do not collect, I just shoot.

I didn't realize adjustable sights qualified my pistol as a "Super" Single Six. Interesting info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts