Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
You will not be disappointed, wonderful revolver. Can't say I've ever heard a bad thing about them. I have always loved mine. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I am considering buying one of these, and was wondering what those who own them think about them. Shoot good, durable, fun to shoot etc.
Thank for any advise.
Never owned one, never heard anything bad.

BTW..
Welcome to Rugertalk,
glad you joined us.
Id like to encourage you to visit Introductions, and tell us a little about yourself.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Solid as a rock. Built like a tank. Etc. and all the other good stuff about Ruger Single actions.

Here is my '76 "Liberty" model, Single Six. I had a few othes. This particular one is extemely accurate.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Bill Rugers' first gun was the Mark pistol that we all know and love. Bill Rugers' second gun was the Single Six. The man hit 2 Home Runs in a row. There arguably isnt a better Single Action 22 revolver made. With any care, they last literally for generations. My only complaint was they run out of ammo too quickly when plinking. The Single Ten/Single Nine solved that issue. I have 2 SSs and a Single Ten. The ST is my favorite. Swapping in the Magnum cylinder into the SS convertible makes it an entirely different gun. Great revolver. I doubt you will find many complaints.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
KMO I was wondering what the barrel length is on the guns pictured, this is a decision with many options. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I've bought 2 for my Wife. She loves single action pistoles and doesn't want the kick of a bigger caliber. One blue and one Stainless.

We live in the country so ill give her 200 rounds and she will tear up steel spinner targets from 15 yards. Then I'll switch cylinders to .22WM for a while and there is no difference. I keep the .22WM cylinder in for home defense. I pity someone that breaks into our house, they won't get far. If she runs out of ammo with the Single Six, she will grab my XDm 9mm, or the 870 Tactical in the closet.

Time2eat
Neil S

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

·
Registered
51 Posts
Single Six's are my favorite 22s and Ruger has maintained their quality thru the decades on these. I have Old and New Models and enjoy both. Ruger has made a true classic in the SS.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had one great gun.
I wish I still had it always used the 22 mag. but the short and longs were great too.

·
Northern Arizona
157 Posts
KMO I was wondering what the barrel length is on the guns pictured, this is a decision with many options. Thanks. KMO also the grips are super what is the snake looking one made off?
Sorry for the delay, seabeesbob. My Single Six is the convertible version with a 6" barrel. The grips are a cast resin material, and found at this website: http://riograndecustomgrips.com/rugersarevolvergrips.html
My Single Ten has the 5" barrel, and has Hogue black pearl grips: http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=100_101_105&products_id=96

·
Registered
65 Posts
As I mentioned in my introduction, I bought a single six in 1957. Old Model. I have put thousands of rounds through it. Then when the New Models came out, they sent me a letter asking me to send in the gun, and they would convert it free. Instead, I just bought another one. This time a stainless convertable. I don't use the wmr much, but I sure have put lots of long rifles through it. It is accurate and indestructable. One of my most favorite guns, next to my Vaqueros.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have two, both are early New Models from the 1970's. Both are farm guns.
One is a 5 1/2" that I keep CCI magnum snake shot in, the other is a 6 1/2" that stays loaded with magnums (combination of Remington V-Max and Federal 50 grain) and is my constant companion around the Ol' Homestead. The magnums out of a handgun give me slightly more power than a 22LR out of a rifle in a much handier package.
Great for going out at dusk to put the chickens up for the night. One time I found a possum in the coop looking for the all-you-can-eat chicken buffet and I was unarmed ----never again!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts