Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stepped outside my back door and saw a rabbit about fifty feet from me. He looked at me looking at him and he hopped another 20 feet. I went to get my Marlin Glenfield 60 and when I walked back outside the rabbit ran to back of my property. I supported the barrel in a tree fork, put my iron sights on him at about 50 yards and squeezed the trigger. The rabbit seemed to disappear and I thought I hit him so I walked out to where I last saw it. I hit him right in the head. I thought wow I hit that little head that far away. The 1970's Marlin still is accurate and dependable.
My dog got hold of the rabbit twice as I was carrying rabbit back to the house. It was a fight but I won and held the rabbit much higher now. Skinned and cleaned it with the dog getting the head to munch on. I have rabbit in the freezer now.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Yeah them pesky wabbits..

Hatsan .177 cal air rifle, measured 49 yrds shot

silly rabbits

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It appears your .177 is also very accurate.
I didn't trust my Walmart cheapo air rifle for that far away. I have killed a few with it at about 50 ft away though.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Buster,
Now if you take that rabbit, sauteed in onions and garlic, 10lbs. of mashed taters and some kind of veggies (forget that-I hate veggies) I will more than happy to come over and help you eat that critter. Oh, BTW, since I don't drink booze or beer, a bottle of diet Coke in an iced glass will suit me just fine. We do the same thing with rattlesnakes and gila monsters out here. But we don't shoot em, we find them dead on the road and already cooked from the summer heat!!!:cheesy:
Tommy

Course I would have used my .45 SR1911 and that way he would already be cleaned!!!

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So you are a waste not want not road kill foodie? I think a hawk or something got the last snake I shot because next day it was gone. Only thing I have to drink is green tea, water or milk.
I make a wicked pot of mashed potatoes. Its more like eating a baked potato with all the fixins.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
They tell me that these nastylookin animals are very good if baked just right...

Ill never know

PITA ground hogs.

oh btw, 120 yrd shot (measured) with Savage FVSR .22lr.
Yeah I couldnt believe it either, but I had it zeroed at 100 yrds

Jim

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Oh btw, to get back on topic..

That Marlin 60 is one heck of a accurate rifle.
I call mine Old reliable.

Ive never seen one yet that wasnt a tackdriver.

I got one years ago, just to pop turtles.

Jim

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
So you are a waste not want not road kill foodie? I think a hawk or something got the last snake I shot because next day it was gone. Only thing I have to drink is green tea, water or milk.
I make a wicked pot of mashed potatoes. Its more like eating a baked potato with all the fixins.
I'll be right over for those taters!!!! I love mashed taters with a light gravy sauce. Can make a meal of those!!!
BTW - that was pretty good shooting!
Tommy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts