Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a light weight Commander and a standard stainless Commander. My light weight has a tendency to shoot low (approx. 1 1/2-2") I went to the Brownells sight where they show you where to measure and interestingly I found that I have a difference of .022 on my lightweight. My lightweight front sight is taller than my standard stainless. When I measure from bottom of the slide to the top of the sight, I get a ..032 difference. Brownells says to measure front top of both front and rear sights on the sights only. My question to you: Could that .022 make the difference in my sights @ 50 feet. I don't know how much a thousands makes in drop or elevation? Some where I think I read where .010 can make almost an inch difference. If you have any idea, please let me know. I know I need to lower my front sight to raise my POA. I want the POA to be the POI @50 feet.
Tommy

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I know I need to lower my front sight to raise my POA. I want the POA to be the POI @50 feet.
Tommy
Or....raise the rear sight.

Check this Tommy.
Interesting.

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=12304

Somewhere I have stashed, cant find it, a calculation formula that will give how to calculte the POI from the rear to front angle alignment.
If I find it Ill get here for ya.

Jim

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or....raise the rear sight.

Check this Tommy.
Interesting.

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=12304

Somewhere I have stashed, cant find it, a calculation formula that will give how to calculte the POI from the rear to front angle alignment.
If I find it Ill get here for ya.

Jim
Jim,
Would rather get a lower front sight than rear sight. Costs less I hope and the front sight is the one I use when I shoot. Don't pay much attention to the rears.
Tommy

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Thanks guncheese,

That calculator is a good tool.

Better than the one I had, which I cant even find..:rolleyes:

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts