Sig Sauer problems

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by VThillman, May 20, 2017.

1. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

2. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

That is interesting, I recently purchased the SP2022 and have had nothing but steller service from it. On the website Sig is offering a years ammo to anyone buying an Elite model handgun. Funny since that is the subject of the topic.:D

3. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I thought ALL Sigs were high quality.

I have to wonder..... Liberal New Jersey ain't exactly gun friendly. Liberal limp wrist maybe? :cheesy:

The Army seems to think the 320 is a pretty good gun. Jersey should sue to get a bunch of them.

:usa:

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

NJ doesn't think citizens should have guns; cops are a different story. Are P229s a problem elsewhere? Is this story even legit?

Can't say I have a personal interest - the Sigs are too high priced for me anyway.

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Well this being in NJ I wouldn't doubt they saw a way to get their new guns paid for by Sig. Just a coincadink that Sig just won the bid for the US military handgun also. Glock might not like they lost that bid. Glock also might be offering NJ an incredible price on G19 guns and the law suit might just pay for all those guns. Is it politics as usual?

I watched a video of a guy showing the P229 barrel block has a side to side clearance of .017 where the Glock was .010. The Glock had visibly less side movement. He wondered if the block moving to much to the side was causing the FTF the rounds.
    Under comments a LEO from CA said he and many in the CA departments have had no problems with the Sig P229 but were the guns he is talking about made in the USA like the Sig P229 Elite? After reading many posts about this gun it doesn't seem to be a problem gun.

Here is an article from sigtalk dot com of reported FTE on an P229 Elite.
    http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/40293-failures-extract-9mm-p229-enhanced-elite-2.html

From searching problems with this gun there are very few threads/articles of this gun having predominate problems. That tells me there is very possibly more to what is going on with NJ than what is being reported.

The Sig Mosquito was a problem child for Sig. But then again the gun isn't made by Sig either.

I have two Sig P226, one is 9mm and the other is a 40. Both guns shoot whatever I feed into it. Both guns are quite old and they still function flawlessly. Each gun was obtained used for around $350.

6. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I paid $420 for my SP2022 made in 2013. This model can be found at or just under $500, I saw one used go for $340. I know the SP2022 is the bargain priced Sig, but it is a great gun and I am happy to have it. It is lighter than the P226 which I have owned in the past and the weight is why I don't still have it.:)

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

My SIG P226...date code JJ = 1988

Only modification every made was to install new Wolff Springs in 2008...after 20 years of service.

[​IMG]

{ Looks a little long in the tooth...but still runs like a raped ape. }

8. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

The only problem I got with Sigs is that after I fondled the 320 compact at the LGS, I got a real Jones for it and it won't go away...

9. buster40c

10. gumpy

gumpy New Member

Isn't that the way it usually is? If someone is not manipulating the media, the media is manipulating us. The media allows itself to be manipulated then they can place the blame on someone else. Nothing is off-limits when it comes to the media's propagation of their agenda. I loathe this practice!

11. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

"practice ammo" was probably too hard to spell.

12. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

I did notice that the article about the lawsuit assumed Sig no longer made reliable guns...
    Can we say slanted reporting?

:GadsdenFlag:

13. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I'm also wondering - since the practice ammo was so different from the 'duty' ammo - what the LEOs were achieving in their practice sessions. NJ is just one puzzle after another.

14. buster40c

Yeah that's a good question VT.

Why doesn't NJ go after the ammo manufacturers instead of Sig? Oh I forgot, the federal government gives them that ammo. They don't want to sue the feds.

Last edited: May 25, 2017