Showcase Your "One" Favorite Ruger Here...

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by PonderosaTerritory, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Show us your "one" best favorite photo of a firearm that you actually own here. Single Action, Revolver, Auto, or Rifle, all are welcome.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Favorite..? ummmh..

One of my favorites, I would say.
    Kinda like my grandkids ...I love em all the same.

But this is Right up on top of my Ruger list.

My Ruger #1, Chambered in 45-70 gov, Leupold Vari XII scope.

[​IMG]

Jim

3. hodge

hodge New Member

My Ruger SR1911.

[​IMG]

4. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

Actually the wife's.............but she let's me shoot it, since I paid for it;)

Attached Files:

5. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Ponderosa,

The grips on that pistol almost look like mother of pearl with the clarity and shine. I have read where mother of pearl will not stand up to constant recoil or impact shock. I am not degrading your pistol whatever, it is probably one of the most beautiful pistols I have ever seen. Roy Rogers never had one that nice and when I was a kid I thought him and Hopalong had the best pistols that anyone could ever own. Yours far surpasses anything they carried. Oh, forgot about the Lone Ranger too. What kind of grips do you have and do you get a chance to shoot it very often. I would carry that as a badge of honor and probably never shoot it, but that's just me. You are fortunate to have such a highly prized piece and I and very happy for you that you can have it! I guess I can only say that if anything, consider me envious but delighted that someone such as yourself has a pistol like that. Good luck and enjoy the heck out of it, even if you just show and share it with us.
    Thanks so much!!! Something of such beauty should be shared and I am grateful you did it with us!!!!

Tommy

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  6. Thanks Tommy ! Actually it is my absolute fav to shoot as well. I've run countless rounds through it over the years doing cowboy action and target shooting. Just a pleasure to shoot with it's original heavy frame when using standard pressure .45 Colt rounds. And yep, it's got a big ring of honor around the cylinder from much use. Never gonna sell it though as it's going to my grandson someday with the many memories of us target shooting together. I have a number of various grip sets for it, and yes, one set I have is genuine MOP, but I don't shoot with those. You're correct that MOP is too fragile in that regard, so I use the faux pearl set for the range.

7. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I hate making a decision on my favorite...so here is another favorite Ruger.

My lil tackdriver

Ruger Mark II US Gov Target, Simmons 4X32 scope, homemade grips fitted to my hand.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jim

8. 5thShock

5thShock New Member

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 45.jpg
      45.jpg
      File size:
      24.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

10. shadecorp

shadecorp Member

Ruger

This was my first and favorite
    bought back in 57?
    Still have.
    This is not mine,
    borrowed the photo.

Attached Files:

11. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I own seven Rugers, mostly because I don't have the funds to own more. I've been trying to pick 'one' favorite from among them. Can't do it, can't even pick a least favorite. If I add the non-Rugers to consideration, that doesn't change the 'problem', I love 'em all. Hmm; I wonder if that would have made me a good polygamous husband.

12. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Good polygamous husband...... now that's funny VT.

13. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Now that I think about it, the idea of multiple wives makes me tired. Seems like lots of stuff makes me tired that didn't use to.

14. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Showcase Your "One" Favorite Ruger Here.... ? Hmmm. Usually the one I'm holding at the time. But I do have a favorite.
    Don't know how many tens of thousands of rounds I've fired thru it.

I've posted pics of it a few times but I never get tired of looking at it so.........

Attached Files: