Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One source of eye candy is a gun that has some really beautiful grain natural wood stock or grips. Let's see some of your awesome wood.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL I wondered how some thoughts might go with that.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Here is some straight grain Black Walnut, that I whittled into some furniture for my Keltec Sub 2000,9mm Glock mag receiver, to replace all the black plastic.

Only one in the world...:)

s2k.jpg

s2k2.jpg

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Any other forum and this thread would be a nightmare.......... :cheesy:

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Whats not to like?

100_5729.jpg

100_5726-001.jpg

Come on guys ....all you got is black plastic..?:):dunno:

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
992 Posts
I dig the two-tone wood stocks on that 75, Easy.
And Jim a fancy .22 with some figure to the wood is awesome.

Is it coincidence that both of those guns are CZs?

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Good going savageGuy,

I see you pitched those plastics and installed Rosewood laminates on your Blackhawk :Cooltu:

I want black laminates for mine.
Should look good with the bare (in the white) alloy grip frame.

Ruger has em' for $52.95. I'm holding off to try for a 'deal' on eBay. No luck so far.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Yep, they're expensive alright! The black laminates are nice, I though about it but went with the rosewood. I got mine from midway, they were priced somewhere in the mid 30's with 5 for shipping. I spent weeks checking eBay and nothing turned up........

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
My first and only attempt at making my OWN wood grips.

My buddy was already set up in this small wood shop...and I had purchased the blanks when he told me he was gonna churn out a few for himself...

Zebra Wood on a stainless S&W... not bad eh !?

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
I've got a few with wood but there's nothing great about them,in fact the Mossberg has a fake wood on it because all the grain's getting wore off,it's a plywood type stock I think with a laminate cover or something like that.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
My first and only attempt at making my OWN wood grips.

My buddy was already set up in this small wood shop...and I had purchased the blanks when he told me he was gonna churn out a few for himself...

Zebra Wood on a stainless S&W... not bad eh !?

Not bad! Not bad at all........

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Savage,

I have to commend you on that S&W, it looks good!!!! I was wondering, since you haven't sent me that 1911 Kimber yet, would you be so kind as to send me your Smith? I promise to fire it and keep it clean and sharp shooting through a lot of usage. I would be plumb proud to add that to my 1911 collection and keep a warm spot in my heart for you always!!!!!

Tommy

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Hey Tommy...the above S&W Model 659 with the home made Zebrawood Grips IS MINE !!

Thanks buddy !!

Hmmmm......I don't know what you're talking about.......I thought it was mine?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts