Show & Tell The SR1911 & SR1911CMD

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Blaze, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

I just thought it be nice to show are Ruger 1911's and talk about how Not plastic these nice guns are ...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370676050.603401.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370676060.719905.jpg

2. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Oh yeah.....its amazing how smooth and crisp these guns are. Other than it being a great piece of work....they are just so beautiful to look at....:)

Attached Files:

3. Blaze

Biker I looked at those grips on shop Ruger.com But they got others I like also lol

Is it just me are is Ruger really trying to put out nice products ..

4. Blaze

I read and read about guys wanting a American made pistol. Well if they not like this then they don't like nothing ... I'm diehard colt fan and this new commander actually, I hate to say is better than than the colt XSE CMD as quality in material. No plastic parts so hands down if u compare the two new in the box without shooting them only looking at the two, then Ruger beats the new colt XSE's easily ...

5. Ace43809

Ace43809 The Young Gun

So you think the ruger is better than a colt? That's impressive on rugers part because their price is much more affordable.

6. Blaze

Listen I love colt. But comparing the Ruger CMD to the Colt XSE CMD ..
    The Ruger beats it. Bad as I hate to say that but it's true. No plastic parts, trigger pull the box people are saying 3.5 to 4 .. That's even better. The colt is a 80 series and Ruger is 70's. and it was designed by Ruger asking fans and others what they want on a gun .. And they made it

7. Ace43809

Ace43809 The Young Gun

That's actually great to hear for me because I never thought you could beat a colt so I've been hesitant on getting something else before I got to try one first hand. But heading someone who owns both day that is reassuring me to go with the ruger and save the money

8. Blaze

Now if u get a series 70's colt then u have a awesome gun. But they cost a lot to get ... I would the same grabbing either one ... But money wise the Ruger kicks butt

9. Ace43809

Ace43809 The Young Gun

Yea rugers seem to have the best prices from what I've seen. Save a couple hundred $$ for ammo and upgrades.

Now is there anything you plan on doing to yours once you get it

10. Blaze

There really isn't much to upgrade. It's already ready for u. I buy it back if you don't completely love it

11. Ace43809

Ace43809 The Young Gun

Ok it sounds great. I may even carry it around with me some days! I'm gonna see if I can track one down this week or weekend. I'll start with the shop you told me about. I'm sure i will love it and it will get tons of use

12. Blaze

Yes they still have one. And after that purchase save up for a nice light weight wheel gun lol

13. Ace43809

Ace43809 The Young Gun

Ok ill try them first and some places here in Lex to see if there is a difference in prices. And yes I'm sure I'll eventually add wheel guns. My collection has only just begun!

14. Blaze

I wish I was your age again I need a warehouse for mine lol

15. Ace43809

Ace43809 The Young Gun

Lol I've got plenty of time to build a collection but not enough money to support it. So it's slow going for now. But yea a warehouse full of guns would be pretty awesome. Or just a dedicated room in your house

16. Blaze

Already have a room full and fixed up the room with gun theme .. It's my man cave

17. Ace43809

Ace43809 The Young Gun

That's what I want. A man cave full of guns

18. Blaze

I just need a few more and I'm happy lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

19. Ace43809

Ace43809 The Young Gun

What one is next on your list the lcr? Or did you decide 22mag was to tough to find.

20. Blaze

The SR1911 full size soon as I can find it .... And still waiting on 77/357 rifles ... They been sold out 8 months

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD