Ruger Talk Forums banner

Show off your Mini 14's or 30's

11K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  squirrelhunter 
#1 · (Edited)
Who's got pics of their Mini 14's

Just wanted to see what everyone is doing to their Mini's, mine is a standard Mini 14, 195 serie with Hogue stock, Vortex Crossfire and thinking about getting a Lothar Walther match barrel on it..group is about 2.5-3" at 100 meters, I've heard worse shot group, I'm shooting factory Hornady International .223 50grn GMX and thats the group its giving me, but needs some serious trigger work..too much creep..but I'm satisfy with the group as most of our shots at deer is under 100 meters anyway.

It is a 5 round Magazine but in order for it to be deemed huntable we have to plug the magazine so that it only holds 2 rounds, perfect for our tiny Roe deer and fox. Hopefully there wasn't a thread to show off mini's already, if there was I apologize Admin.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I spotted this one at my LGS last week and just had to bring it home.

#12 ·
I thought I had already put mine on here but I guess not so here it is,just got it a few months ago but have only shot a few rounds through it so far.Have a bunch of test loads for it though I need to shoot over the chronograph. It's got an illuminated 4-16x scope on it.

#13 ·
1984 Mini 14

Here are a couple of pictures of my 1984 Mini 14 weaing a Ruger folding stock, that I have built a new grip handle for, out of aluminum. It has the same grip angle that a 1911 pistol has, and has 1911 grip bushings, and will accept any gov. size grips. It also holds two spare .223 rounds, inside the handle. thanks for looking. Chubbo http://www.rugertalk.com/forum/atta...chmentid=8208&stc=1&d=1468777786&d=1468777786

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
Pre-Civilian Issue... Early 181 Series

Serial #181 069** .... Was told it is a LEO issue - Pre civilian model.. A great little shooter..... Have another post requesting a value estimate...... Any ideas?

Thanks for looking,

44 Danl

Attachments

#18 · (Edited)
Just ol' plain Jane, Mini-14 Ranch 582 series, Accuracy Systems trigger, Choate ventilated hand guard, Nikon ProStaff 4-12X40 with MILDOT reticle. Good 100 yard, 2-3 inch group rifle. A better shooter would do better than me. I enjoyed my Primary Arms red-dot, but it was limited to 50 yards (for my eyes - worked great at 100 yards, but not with 2-3 inch groups).

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.