Ruger Talk Forums banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Thought I had posted this one, but maybe in another thread. Got this .357 off an old gun that couldn't control it a couple of months ago. I have not fired it much. I wanted one and it turned up at the right price.

Can't go wrong with that one either. Looks great

·
Registered
65 Posts
I love my .38. What are those straight bullet holders I see in some pics,. Not speed loaders, just a straight row of bullets.
Just curious.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
those are speed strips- basically speed loaders only on a strip and not nearly as fast to load.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well blaze I went with the .38! I put one on hold today. Found a place that had all 4 yesterday and liked the .38 the best. I found them anywhere from $404-500. I went with the shop closest to me had one for $409.

Sent from my XT907 using Ruger Forum mobile app

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Well blaze I went with the .38! I put one on hold today. Found a place that had all 4 yesterday and liked the .38 the best. I found them anywhere from $404-500. I went with the shop closest to me had one for $409.

That's a great price. The feel of the .38 is un real .. I don't even use a holster much I just toss in my pocket and go. Lately I switch out between the .38 and .22mag and my lc9

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah I can't wait to pay it off! My dad was looking at the lc9. I have a feeling in a few months when I should have some extra money I'll be doing some more "investing"

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Yeah I can't wait to pay it off! My dad was looking at the lc9. I have a feeling in a few months when I should have some extra money I'll be doing some more "investing"

Can't go wrong with any of them. But then again all guns are good ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
LCR was the first Ruger, other than the 22/45, that I wanted to own. I like the weight and prices, compared their competitors. For a first time shooter new to weapons, the revolver is th the best and simplest. Older people who have weakness issues with operating a semiautomatic can use the Revolver. Now that HORNADY CRITICAL DEFENSE "Pink tip" 90 grain 38 Special rounds are available maybe more women will not be shy with the 38 SPL load. Although the way my wife shoots, her 22 LR version times 8 CCI STINGERS, I sure wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that. 1382638363471.jpg
357 Magnum and 22 Long Rifle, Crossbreed IWB Holster.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I recently had a chance to pick up a used S&W j-frame (model 642 airweight). I have the LCR in 22 and my wife has the LCR 38 (I've shot it more than her, even with the pink grips). I wanted another LCR, but when the S&W came up at an attractive price, I decided I would get some experience with the popular "J." It's close to the weight of the LCR 38.

The j-frame is a good snubbie loved and carried by thousands. But so far after 200 rounds, the LCR is winning as my preference between the two. With standard 158 grain 38 Spl target loads, it really beats my hand up; it feels rougher than shooting 357 magnums from my SP101. I have a harder time getting a good grip, the cylinder release gouges my thumb on recoil, and the sights are harder for me to see. After two weeks and two shooting sessions, my strong hand thumb joint is still sore. After I give it a fair shake, I expect I will like the j-frame, but will probably still like the LCR better. I'll remain open and see.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was weaned on S&W and used them extensively as LEO. My favorite is a Scandium Frame S&W 325 Night Guard. It is a 45 ACP with moon clips or 45 Auto Rim. The mass and weight if the gun makes it difficult to conceal. The LCR doesn't have that problem. That's the reason I like it so much. The S&W was $1000.00 vs $349.00 for the 22 LCR and
$379.00 for the 357 version.

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I'm going to be adding another LCR 22mag in next several weeks cause I really enjoy the LCR more than I should lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm going to be adding another LCR 22mag in next several weeks cause I really enjoy the LCR more than I should lol
I bought one a few days after the LGS had one, April this year. Never shot it. My buddy's wife had the 357 LCR. After she shot it, didn't want it. Sold it to him for her, she likes.

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I been carrying my LCR 38 all the time here lately and letting my lc9 rest a bit. I got one 22mag but my mom has seemed to claim it lately. Just cause it's light she can shoot it really well

·
Registered
39 Posts
Winter is getting here soon this year, easy to conceal the 1911's with the coats, 357 Magnum LCR is going to be the New York reload.

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Winter is getting here soon this year, easy to conceal the 1911's with the coats, 357 Magnum LCR is going to be the New York reload.
Where I live crime rate isn't a big deal at all. And my LCR's or my lc9 is perfect here.
I would want a ar in NY lol

·
Registered
65 Posts
It seems that many have a pair of them. Is this the way to go. I have a .38, and am debating either a .22 or .22mag. But I haven't seen the mag ammo for a long time. Any thoughts. I guess I would want to shoot it a lot. Don't the .22 hold 8 rounds? I am talking myself into one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The 22 LCR LCR holds 8 rounds. The 22 Magnum holds 6. The main reason for me keeping the 22 was the ability to use a variety of cartridges. The 22 short, long and long rifle can be used.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts