Should I trade glock 26 for sp101???

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Morganfd9, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Morganfd9

Morganfd9 New Member

Always wanted an sp101 dao model, have a chance to trade even up for one, but, it means parting ways with my gen 3 glock 26.

I like them both, the 26 has been a good companion for the last 8 years.

But I've wanted the dao ruger for along time.

Looking for some suggestions !

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk

Thanks for joining and your first post.

Me... personally... I would prefer the revolver.

Your decision.

Jim

3. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

SP101's are great wheel guns.....can't go wrong...

Attached Files:

4. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

The Ruger Sp101 is a fine revolver and nothing to be ashamed of. I have had a Ruger GP100 for over 20 years and many other types and I can tell you they build a fine product. I also had a Glock 26 gen 3 and it was a good pistol however I had problems with the safety blade on the trigger as it was sharp and would cut into my finger. I tried to round it off carefully with a round (rat tail) file however in doing so, taking off too much can compromise the safety of the weapon. I finally ended up trading it off. Now to your question about getting a revolver. What is going to be the main use of the weapon? If you are using it as a CCW, it will be harder to hide the imprint or possibly the holster itself. If you are buying it as a range gun or plinking, then I wouldn't worry about it. The Ruger will give you many years of service, however you have to make the decision as to the disposition of the usage. Hard to choose, my choice would be the Ruger, so think it over and good luck!
    Choose wisely grasshopper!!!
    Tommy

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

If you get the SP101 shortest barrel then it will conceal pretty darn easy. I also had a Glock G27 40 cal and I just didn't care much for it and sold it. I also had an SP101 .327 mag 3.2 bbl which I also sold. The DA of the SP101 is pretty stout which I didn't like. The SA on it was good though.
    Go somewhere that you can shoot the SP101 before jumping on the gotta have it wagon. Ask the guy you might trade with if he will let you shoot it. IMO.......we all know what those are worth........you might just want to keep your G26 and buy an SP101 when you can afford it outright instead of a trade.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  6. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

Welcome from Texas!
    SP101 is a fine revolver. You will not be disappointed.

7. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Don't do it! Keep the 26 and save up and get the Ruger later.

8. Chup

Chup New Member

I have both guns. Although I never carry or shoot the Glock, I think I will always keep it. If I ever felt the need for high cap and firepower I have about a dozen mags from g26, g19, and g17 Glocks. That being said, I will always keep my SP101. That I do carry and shoot. I would think a Glock 26 would be easy to Replace. If you trade for the SP you could find a used Glock at a affordable price easier than the SP. That's my opinion for whatever that's worth.

9. marcinstl

marcinstl New Member

Both! a G26, w/G19 mag and an SP101 might be an almost perfect 2 gun setup. G26 in a IWB holster worn wherever it's comfortable an the SP101 in a cross draw or "driver holster".
    silly to carry 2 guns? not silly when you need them.

10. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I 'liked' this post, because it makes me smile. I have no opinion on whether '2-guns' is silly or not - but while bowling it would probably help my balance.

:duck:

11. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

Getting rid of a Glock would be easy......................................:duck: