Shotgun Section?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by VikingDad, Mar 10, 2014.

1. VikingDad

VikingDad New Member

I was looking for some feedback on the new Red Label and found there is no shotgun section here! I know that Ruger only currently makes the new Red Label but I anticipate that they will be coming out with a new model Gold Label sometime in the future. Plus, there are a lot of the older ones still out there.

Is anybody interested in a Shotgun section? :confused:

2. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Please post in this thread, if your interested in a shotgun sub forum, and I'll make it happen

3. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

I am going to get one of the Red Label shotguns as soon as Ruger comes out with it in 20 ga..........

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

5. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Here is my Browning Citori. My favorite shotgun.

Attached Files:

6. VikingDad

VikingDad New Member

That has to be the most accessorized Red Label ever!:p

I don't have any O/U shottys and am really looking forward to the Red Label. 20 GA would be nice for my significant other. I would also like to see the Gold Label get the same treatment as the Red has gotten.

So what are Y'Alls thoughts on a shotgun section here?

7. VikingDad

VikingDad New Member

Oh, and I am wondering if anybody has had any real range time with the new Red Label? Any comments, criticisms or complaints? How does it compare to the old model?

8. Misty1946

Misty1946 New Member

9. Wickit

Wickit New Member

I would be interested in a shotgun section. I would like to ask the million dollar question why no semi auto shotgun

10. 1turkeyhunter

1turkeyhunter New Member

Would love to see a shotgun section! Count me in!

11. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

I would love a red label. Maybe someday

BLZE

12. VikingDad

VikingDad New Member

Personally there are a few things I would like to see out of Ruger and (now that they have re-introduced the Red Label) love to see a lever-action rifle! That would be frigging awesome IMO. That would be a perfect compliment to their single-action revolvers. I mean really Ruger? You haven't seen this?

OK, back onto the shotgun thread subject.

I really see a need here. If we want Ruger to pay attention to us we need to pay attention to them. The Red Label has great potential as a top line gun at an affordable price (which is the main attraction to Ruger IMO) and I would like to hear more from people who have experience with them, old and new.

13. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Shotty section would be fun.

14. Tigerbeetle

Tigerbeetle New Member

+1 for a shotgun section!

i just bought a Ruger Red Label and would like to see what others think of it. I hope to take it to the range tomorrow for the first time.... if it doesn't rain like pouring p out of a boot.
    Tb

15. VikingDad

VikingDad New Member

At Last! A new Red Label owner posts! I think you are the first anyhow- I am anxious to hear about your experience.

16. Tigerbeetle

Tigerbeetle New Member

First time out.

I had rotator cuff surgery in Sep and was just released from physical therapy last week (disclaimer;)). I bought my RL in January and had to be content to wax the stock and wipe off finger prints for three months. I wasn't allowed to swing the gun until a couple weeks ago (evil physical therapist). It has the 30 in. tubes, I was really looking for the 28", but the LGS store said it was the only one they had received and didn't know when another might cross their doors.

I won't go into the discussion of my scores in skeet, except to say I doubled my score in the second round +1, and got another clay or two in the next 2 rounds.

Recoil was not an issue. I went a 125 rounds and my shoulder is not sore today, so that is a good indication to me the pad and the back boring probably performed as advertised. And the fit of the gun.

It went 'bang' everytime I pulled the trigger, except a time or two when I inadvertently switched the barrel from bottom to top on singles. Note to self: push safety straight up. Personally, I prefer the auto safety. It is a natural part of mounting any long arm to me to release the safety coming up to my shoulder. I don't like to be off safety even when loading on the pad before calling the bird. Keeps me right for hunting and been doing it that way for 60 years.

My fifth round was trap. I put the full choke tube in the lower barrel and shot about the same score as I did on my last rounds of skeet. About 5 below my average, but for the first time in hand with the RL, I don't have any qualms about hitting or missing doves equally as well as with any of my other shotguns next fall. I just need to practice on those clay pigeons now. And not use 7-1/2s for skeet. I think I will load up some 9's for the extra edge.:)

Several folks looked at it and like it alot. So do I. Now I need to start saving $$ for the 20 ga. :D Tb :eek:man:

17. VikingDad

VikingDad New Member

Cool! Thanks for posting. I am supremely jealous. If I get the cash I would like to pick up a 20ga for my lady friend someday, but since they don't make it in a 20 yet I will have to settle for getting myself a 12 gauge instead! :D

18. Tigerbeetle

Tigerbeetle New Member

That is a great idea, VD! Er, Viking Dad.;) The initials are something else. I now have an excuse to set up the loading press. I have plenty of shot and got another pound of powder the other day, so I am all set to go. Let me know when you get yours and how you like it. TB :eek:man: