Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

A buddy of mine has been looking at my Wrangler and asked what shorts worked best through it. I’ve never ventured down that path so I didn’t have an answer for him. Does anyone have any first hand experience with shorts through a Wrangler enough to offer advice on ammo?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Shot some CB caps through mine. They worked as expected.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have a Ruger Wrangler .22LR Revolver it likes the CCI Velocitor 40 grain hp ammo it holds the best groups with the 40 grain CCI Velocitor hp. but equally well with the Browning & Winchester 40 grain hollow point of the same loading as 1435 fps

·
Registered
65 Posts
Any shorts in there? That’s what I’m looking for.
Just curious, Why do you want to use shorts? They cost the same have less power, are generally not that accurate ? Other than noise, there is little to no benefit. This is not 1933 depression, you can use low velocity or subsonic 22LR's

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just curious, Why do you want to use shorts? They cost the same have less power, are generally not that accurate ? Other than noise, there is little to no benefit. This is not 1933 depression, you can use low velocity or subsonic 22LR's
I don’t want to use them and I didn’t say I wanted to use them. A friend asked how the Wrangler handled shorts and I didn’t have an answer for him so I came here to see if anyone else had any experience.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don’t want to use them and I didn’t say I wanted to use them. A friend asked how the Wrangler handled shorts and I didn’t have an answer for him so I came here to see if anyone else had any experience.
Got it. Another issue is if you use a steady diet of shorts in a revolver it can leave a residue ring in each chamber of the cylinder, which prevents other shelss such as LR from being loaded easily. It is a pita to clean.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts