Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked this one up today after several days of haggling, not a big Rossi fan but this one is a beauty! 17 years old, stainless 22 pump has only been shot a few times. Near perfect finish on it. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Copy of the Winchester 62, I think. Never seen one in the 'flesh' though.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
That's a work of art......very nice.

·
Registered
992 Posts
My pops was just telling me, the only .22 he would want is a pump .22 rifle like the gallery guns from the "olden days"...looking at your rifle, I can see why he wants one...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have several old pump guns that were family guns and this will fit in with the bunch nicely. The guy bought it new and is the original owner. Fit and finish is awesome on this one. Action is smooth and very clean. Yes it's a copy of the Winchester. Almost to pretty to shoot but I'm sure I will run a few rounds thru it just because;) Thanks guys for the nice words.

Story was his mom gave him some money to buy him some clothes for school and he spent the money on the rifle instead. I'm glad I am going to give it a good home :D

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
My pops was just telling me, the only .22 he would want is a pump .22 rifle like the gallery guns from the "olden days"...looking at your rifle, I can see why he wants one...
I remember shooting them at the Rutland Fair, around 1950. The actions were pretty rough (and the sights were off, for some reason).

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Some of us are just lucky like that,
to come on something that clean and nice.

I woulda bought it too.

Congrats , nice .

I got a couple Rossi LA, and after a little slick job, they are great.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Sharp looking rifle. It really brings a smile to someone when they find a perfect condition old original gun.
I have never seen a 22 pump before except in pictures. Seems strange a pump used for 22.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Probably does - my model 61 does. That and reliability are the 22 pump advantages over the self loaders. BTW the 61 does rapid fire by holding the trigger back; fires when it gets to battery. Accuracy pretty much sucks... :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It shoots shorts. longs and long rifle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts