Selling Out

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ernesto, Oct 26, 2015.

1. havasu

havasu In the army now..

China is slowly winning the war with themselves, without one shot being fired. Our government leaders need to impose tariffs that are so costly that they themselves could not afford it.

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

:D A reverse embargo. Sooner or later our sneakers and clothes will wear out...

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Like we are in any position to tell China what to do when so much of our debt is to China. China will practically control the USA in the near future. The interest alone on our debt to China is building China's military. Cutting off China imports to the USA will not happen when we owe China absurd debt.
    When China controls the oil in America then expect oil prices to sky rocket. It has been reported that much of US government homelands have been put up as collateral for debt to China. Thanks to those that supposedly speak for us, our country has been gradually sold out from under our feet. I hate to think what will happen if the dollar crumbles as the reserve currency.
    We have a president that thinks everything about the USA is offensive to some foreigners. When we have a president toppling and ruining once productive foreign countries is it any wonder foreigners hate the USA? Obama had to have a reason to bring hundreds of thousands of foreigners into the USA. What better way than to make ruins of their countries.

4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Buster, what do you suppose would happen if the US did what some "3rd world" countries have done in the past - - renege on all foreign debt?

[Sorry Folks (corporations are persons, so why not countries), we are stepping back and starting over.]

5. buster40c

VT I would say the USA would possibly become a third world country. First off the USA going into default will crush the dollar as the reserve since that will show the world the once richest country in the world is now a debt riddled country that has no gold to back its fiat dollars. Gold once stored here for other countries somehow has disappeared. We have sold out the industrial revolution to foreign upcoming countries. Our soils are becoming almost useless thanks to Monsanto. Crop rotation is even a thing of the past depleting the soils even more. Soon we will be importing foods that we used to export. Look at the foods in the grocery store now. We now have to import fish, fruit and so many other foods from foreign countries?
    Anyone that wants to know the future of the USA just needs to look at Detroit and Cleveland. I have been to both many times over many years and in 40 years both have become ghostly looking. I first went into Detroit in 1970 and it was bustling. I went back in 1975 and couldn't believe the drop in business. Now look at Detroit.

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I experienced my first trip to Cleveland about 5 years ago when I had to take my wife to the clinic over there. She has some relatives over there and they took time from their busy schedule to visit Cleveland and I was actually horrified when I saw all the vacant buildings and businesses that have closed. The same goes for Akron, the rubber capitol of the world. Miles of empty buildings and businesses have left because they were reliant upon what the rubber industry used to do and the number of employees they used to have. To me it looked like a war zone. With the Obama doctrine which is shoved down our throats, I firmly believe that this is just a start. I am not a Trump fan but if he can bring back jobs and put people back to work, I am all for it. When and if Hildebeast takes over, it will be an extension of the Obama doctrine only worse. How can she understand what the little guy needs when they have a billion dollar foundation and a hundred million income per annum, she has no idea. I enjoy listening to Dr. Carson however the only reservation I have is politics is a "dirty" business and he is too proper to get into the mud slinging like the rest. My candidate so far, (I know I will be chastised for saying this) is Marco Rubio. He speaks with clarity and addresses the issues. However he is failing to be able to compete with the "outsiders". I will say this: WHOMEVER is going to become POTUS, I pray the Republicans, they should have the common sense to put Dr. Carson in a job of importance and a platform that he can enforce and have the ability to fire the individuals that do not meet his or our standards. One more thing, the Chinese have a short memory and they should be told, had it not been for Uncle Sam, the Japanese would have done a lot more damage during WWII than they suffered before the U.S. entered the war. If you want to build another island out in the middle of nowhere, go ahead, but we will have battleships stationed 2 miles off of your shores. So you people thinkee about dis ting before you get too cocky! It won't be Yankee go home, it should be :OH NO, the Yanks are coming so let's all hide. End of my politically insane rant!!! Sorry if I offended anyone.

Tommy

7. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

Uh, what's this Obama doctrine about? Please be specific because almost all jobs left underr bush. And the GOP is all about corporate welfare.

8. gunslinger669

gunslinger669 Active Member

First, the "debt" to China is in the form of treasury notes, bills and bonds. Currently they own about 21% of all debt instruments issued, another 26% or so is owned by other foreign investors and the remaining 53% or so is owned domestically. Also, every dollar's worth of foreign claims on America is matched by 89 cents' worth of U.S. claims on foreigners. And because foreigners tend to put their U.S. investments into safe, low-yield assets, America actually earns more from its assets abroad than it pays to foreign investors. If your image is of a nation that's already deep in hock to the Chinese, you've been misinformed. Nor are we heading rapidly in that direction.

9. buster40c

Well gunslinger I hope you are right.
    Ernesto wake up to the fact Bush has been gone many moons now so get off nothing is Obama's fault.

10. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,
    You and I both know that nothing is to blame on Obama even though he has been in office almost seven years. He takes credit for nothing that goes wrong and blames someone or something else for his failures. I cannot think of one time, since his first and second terms in office that he has taken the blame for ANYTHING! He will throw anyone under the bus to protect what he thinks is his legacy. We have no foreign policy, no way to fight ISIS, 55 million people out of work, Obama health care is causing other health care programs to go up in price, and he is completely divisive when it comes to the Black Lives Matter. His attorney general Holder is still under indictment with the Brian Perry killing and if Hildebeast had a private server, he HAD to know about it. How else could he communicate with her, surely not the phone all the time. And the head of IRS (Lois Lerner) which had not even a smidgen of foul play is walking away with a 6 digit salary retirement. NOPE- taint Obama's fault!!!

Tommy

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  11. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Buster, I'm sure you know the saying, "The evil men do lives after them." Dubya left us Iraq, Blackwater,... the list goes on, but I ain't got time - gotta go bowling.

12. Ernesto

So since when are communists (china and Russia) allowed to "buy" into America? Oh I think I know, since we started three wars and couldn't pay for them.

13. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I'm just wondering why it is that the savior in chief has stopped funding all the wars but has successfully increased our national debt to 17 trillion dollars...which is 300% more that all the other presidents combined?

Debt increase* End-of-term GDP* Percentage

Reagan $1,873 $8,850 21%

GHW Bush 1,484 $9,410 16%

Clinton 1,268 $12,680 12%

GW Bush 4,899 $14,580 34%

Obama 7,198 $16,160 44%

(*in billions)

14. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Now, wait a minute , Obama has taken credit for......wait I'm thinkin...

oh , oh I know... he got Bin Laden...yeah that's it ..

He did.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If that had turned out bad, it woulda been Bush's fault.:)

Jim

15. buster40c

Yep it's all Bushes fault because he left all this crap for Obama to deal with. Only thing is Obama ran slinging more of the crap he blamed on Bush rather than stop it. OK VT just imagine what crap the next president, if we can get Obama out, will have to deal with. Can we then blame everything on Obama then? Oh heck no because the news media will not allow it.
    Was Bush a saint? Oh heck no. But he sure as heck hasn't tied Obama's hands to stop what Obama said Bush did wrong. Such stupidity passed on and on. Obama the savior of the USA? Yeah when pigs fly inside the Mosques.

16. Ernesto

Uh cus the interest on the debt adds up and the GOP controlled senate and congress keep allowing it. And we are stil in Afganistan and Iraq, doling out billions we don't have.
    Where dat Tea Party dissolve to?

17. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Yeah, I know. What I'm saying is that Obama's incompetence and warped agenda doesn't excuse Dubya's incompetence and warped agenda. It would have been neat if they canceled each other out, but of course they didn't/don't. We need a functioning Congress and Supreme court (the other two sides of the "Powers" triangle). Just changing out the Prez ain't going to fix anything.

18. buster40c

I agree the powers that be will see to it the president they want will get the position. I bet anything Hitlery was promised the 2016 when she bowed out of the 2008 primaries. We are so screwed if that happens. I was hoping Benghazi would put her in jail but no they let her skate right on by. Anyone else would have been in under the jail by now.

19. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,
    If you are a religious man, and same with Jim, VT, and Magnum, help me pray that the FBI investigation will come up with some sort of subpoena that will indict Hildebeast for obstruction of justice, destroying government property ( e-mails), something so she won't be the queen walking down the halls of the democratic party awaiting her self deserved nomination. I am sure, she and Bill cut a deal in the last election that would ensure she would get the nomination. HOWEVER, since Obama is just as big a liar as Hildebeast, he won't back her play for the demo nomination and they both hate each other. I would like to be a fly in the room when we get closer to the nominations and Obama and Hildebeast are in the same room discussing her nominations. I want to become rich by selling tickets to everyone who wants to hear the end decision. You have an outgoing liar and an incoming liar. Who does the best job?

Tommy