Security Six 6" - good price?

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by Dynamik1, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Dynamik1

Dynamik1 New Member

Hey folks,
    I'm betting there is someone here better versed in the value of a Security Six than I am. This model has a 6" barrel and Pachmary Presentation grips.

Any idea what I should be willing to pay for one of those?

Any specific areas I need to check out before I take the plunge?

Thanks,
    Dynamik1
    Editor, EDC Knife Reviews
    http://www.edcknfereviews.com

2. Terminatorret

Terminatorret New Member

I purchased (in East Texas) a prestine 4" .357 blued Service Six 2-3 years ago for $350. About 6 months ago, bought a prestine 4" .38 Service Six stainless for $350. Same seller also had a 4" Speed Six blued 4" for $350... should have bought it, too...hindsight...
    Of course, all this was before the recent Obama-Scare.
    Prices are up, but the Sixes remain among the top wheel guns ever made, IMHO.
    6" are harder to CC, but I doubt you can find a more accurate, reliable, built-to-shoot-any-load wheel gun. My Sixes are keepers.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013

3. PecosBill

PecosBill New Member

Take the plunge, you will like it. And, Ruger will back you up!! :)

4. Techpcpro

Techpcpro New Member

The better trigger is in the S&W model 10, 15 in .38 or the 66 which is also .357. These are all k frame which is almost the same as the Security 6. For competition the trigger is better and the cylinder release is better. Since you are looking at the Security 6 I think your a value shopper so pick up a Model 10 and stage the trigger pull it back almost until the hammer comes down but just before it releases. The staging is smooth and with Pacimier grips the aim is natural.

5. PecosBill

PecosBill New Member

Smiths are nice reliable guns but you gotta love them or hate them as for me I'll buy the Ruger.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  6. shockmastermike

shockmastermike New Member

i sold a 4" blued one this week foe $400 it was in great shape.

7. Don

Don Member

My gun Store in Jax Fl has a 4" blue in pretty good condition but they are asking $650, taking advatage of the current situation I'm sure. I know them and know they didn't pay $300 for it.