Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to make a direct comparison of the three magazine options for the Security 9 compact. The magazines in the photo from L to R have the following capacities and base plates:

10 round with flat base plate
10 round with pinky extension baseplate
15 round with adapter for using in a Compact 9

I aligned the magazines the nose of the bullets. That way the distance in height of the magazines is visually represented. The photo shows that the 15 round magazine only a tiny bit longer than the 10 round with pinky extension.

IWB printing is obviously more visible as the height increases. For a thin guy like me it is pushing the limits. However, whenever possible I carry concealed OWB with an untucked shirt, or a vest of coat. In that case the added height is not an issue. Concealed IWB or OWB or visible open carry with a 15 round magazine in the pistol and the two ten round magazines in a mag pouch is comforting.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Here's the new 'cats meow', blows them all out of the water. Ruger's new Max-9 is a dead turd on arrival and your Security 9 is obsolete. While Sig's P365 and SA's Hellcat get tossed in the holster drawer to collect dust.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here's the new 'cats meow', blows them all out of the water. Ruger's new Max-9 is a dead turd on arrival and your Security 9 is obsolete. While Sig's P365 and SA's Hellcat get tossed in the holster drawer to collect dust.

....meh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts