Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just sent it back to the factory. Rifle will not group to save its life. I've spent over $400 on ammo and different scopes trying to find what works. The pic is off of sandbags at 100 yds. 3 shot groups....... Some ammo didn't even hit paper all 3 shots. Hopefully they will rebarrel it.
Busy of mine has 2 accounts and both shoot 3/4 moa with hand loads. Only flaw we could find was directly underneath where they press on the front sight there was a perfect circle inside the barrel that was evident once it got a little dirty. Almost like it was slightly deformed...... Sigh

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Wow that's a bummer.....have you tried to use a bore sight and compare it to the guns sights?......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bore is straight. I think it's just the slight deformity on the end. We'll see what ruger does. The bummer is I can go buy a ruger American for $300 off the shelf and shoot circles around my $900 scout

·
Registered
992 Posts
Wow...That looks kind of like the groups my old 25/06 shot when I tightened the action screws down too hard. No fun at all when they shoot like that.

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Ok....makes me wonder , I got one of these guns on the way..........

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is disappointing to hear, as I was going to purchase a GSR this weekend at my LGS. I think I'll wait a little longer until Ruger figures this out. Let us know what they come back with. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Mine will be here Wed......hoping for the best......

·
Registered
12 Posts
accuracy

I have two scouts and the accuracy is outstanding as you can see in photo's. A properly mounted scope is the key and with federal gold match ammo the rifle is equal to any including my weatherby accumark 300.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is disappointing to hear, as I was going to purchase a GSR this weekend at my LGS. I think I'll wait a little longer until Ruger figures this out. Let us know what they come back with. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum
buy one you won't be sorry. Mount a good scope CORRECTLY and you've got a sniper outfit. See my post under kronos101

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Wow those scout rifles looks awesome......now I cant wait to get mine....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My issue wasn't the scope or mount. Got it back from ruger and they rebarreled it. Haven't had it to the range yet to test. What range were you shooting those scouts at to get those groups

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Glad you got it back.....let us know if the new barrel cured the problem......

1 - 20 of 27 Posts