Scored an SR45!

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by Redleg, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Started DROS today -- the ten day California wait begins. What a cool looking pistol. Will do a report including range report when I get it to the range!

2. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Dontcha just hate that wait? Darn Kommiefornia rules!

3. johnnyBgood

johnnyBgood New Member

Picked mine up Friday and went straight to the range. I love mine. You won't be disappointed !

4. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Congrats.....love the SR family.....

5. Blaze

Blaze New Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats on the new edition

6. Redleg

Redleg New Member

I have two SR40c pistols, so I am pretty familiar with the SR platform. I was very surprised how little recoil that the SR40c has with the 40 S&W round. It should be fun to compare the SR45 to my 1911 pistols, of which I have several.

7. thebulky1cometh

thebulky1cometh New Member

Man I love my SR9...reading these posts makes me so badly want the 40 and 45!

8. passtime

passtime New Member

I have close to a thousand rounds through mine now and I am lovin it.:)

9. waltersolbchalk

waltersolbchalk New Member

Got a sr45 last Friday went to the range right after. This Tuesday it went back to ruger. FTF and FTE problems have seen the same problem in other forums hopefully ruger fixes it right.

10. Redleg

Redleg New Member

Sorry to hear about that. Ruger will get it squared away and back to you in about a week, so things will work out. I will post a range report as soon as I get my SR45 to the range.

11. GrimmSR

GrimmSR New Member

My wife & I have an SR9C, SR40, SR40C, a SR1911CMD & just picked up a SR45 about 2 weeks ago, brought it home, cleaned it, oiled it, took it to the range & had all kinds of FTE & FTF! Pretty disappointed thus far, all our other SRs eat anything we put in them, but so far the SR45 has been a headache! Hopefully it just needs to be broke in!

Brian Grimm, RCP, RRT, AAS
    Sent from my iPad using Ruger Forum

12. bikeride4fun

bikeride4fun NRA Benefactor Member

Sorry to hear about the SR45 issues GrimmSR, keep us posted on how the gun is doing.....

13. OldTexan

OldTexan New Member

I guess I've been fortunate. I've run probably 1K rounds through my SR45 and not 1 failure of any sort.

My opinion is it's a well built striker fired gun and quite accurate, though not as good as my SR1911. It's more bulky than I expected with the double stack magazine. Doesn't fit my hand as comfortably as a 1911.

Size and weight limits recoil and it comes back on target easily. It's a fun gun to shoot but too large for most CC situations. It has become my nightstand home defense weapon so it earns it's keep.;)

14. passtime

passtime New Member

Did you lube the striker/channel? I lubed mine once and had FTE's and FTF's. I took it back apart and wiped the channel and the striker down and it cleared up the problem. Now I keep the striker and channel dry as do many others from what I have read on the forums.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  15. GrimmSR

GrimmSR New Member

I brought it home & cleaned all up again, haven't been back to the range with it yet because we are in the process of moving, but I'll update when I do. Gonna try a couple different brands of ammo in it & see what happens.

Brian Grimm, RCP, RRT, AAS
    Sent from my iPad using Ruger Forum