Scope rings for 10/22 50th Design Competition

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by cjsudhop, Sep 17, 2014.

1. cjsudhop

cjsudhop New Member

I'm a newbie to this forum with a question about scope ring height. I recently purchased the Design Competition 10/22 and I want to mount a Leupold VX-1 Rimfire 2-7x28 scope. I had to return the gun to Ruger for an iron sight issue, but while it's away I wanted to order rings for the scope. Can anyone tell me what height rings I need to clear the aperture rear sight? I was going to use the Burris Signature rings, but I'm open to suggestions regarding the best rings for this application. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

First, welcome to the forum.

Don't know the height of your peep sight on the gun. And ya may be looking for something that might be of better quality. However, Weaver makes some "See Through" righs that mount on .22's and the original iron sights can still be used. The rings are for 1" scopes. Ihave used some on my standard 10/22s. Some screw right on the holes in the receiver and others clamp on the .22 type rails. I have used both. I use to get them at Wal Mart, but haven't seen any for some time.

3. cjsudhop

cjsudhop New Member

Thank you Sir. I'm kicking myself for not measuring that peep height before I sent the gun back. I'll look into those Weaver mounts, thanks. I've always liked the idea of being able to use either the scope or the irons unless the "see-throughs" put the scope so high that it's an uncomfortable cheek weld.