scope mount super blackhawk

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by neilb, Mar 28, 2017.

1. neilb

neilb New Member

i want to mount a scope on my super blackhawk i read that drilling and taping weakens the frame any thoughts thanke neilb

2. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

You can buy a rail mount that doesn't involve drilling. I'll try to find a link for ya.

3. neilb

neilb New Member

scope mount

thanks for the reply i seen them do they hold tight enought for heavy recoil well thanks neilb what do you think about drilling and taping

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  4. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

I've considered getting one of these several times. I'd definitely prefer using this method over drilling and tapping. One of the best parts if the Blackhawk/Super blackhawk is the over-built, strong frame. I wouldn't dream of weakening that frame.

Do you normally run magnums or specials through yours?

Are you looking to mount a scope or a red dot? Make sure that whichever you decide to mount can take the recoil of a .44!

5. neilb

neilb New Member

thanks for the advise i am going to go with the clamp on and yes i am going to run magnums going to deer hunt with it herd the leupold scope can take the recoil of a 44 neilb

6. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Cool. Let us know how it works out!

7. gumpy

gumpy New Member

For real. I'd love to kill a deer with a revolver! That and a spear is about the only way I've not killed one.

8. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Gumpy, there are stabbing spears (good for boars) and throwing spears. Seems like for a deer you may need an axlotl (to get the distance). I get the impression that accuracy is a problem - but you could practice.

:cool:

:p