Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to mount a scope on my super blackhawk i read that drilling and taping weakens the frame any thoughts thanke neilb

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
You can buy a rail mount that doesn't involve drilling. I'll try to find a link for ya.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
scope mount

thanks for the reply i seen them do they hold tight enought for heavy recoil well thanks neilb what do you think about drilling and taping

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I've considered getting one of these several times. I'd definitely prefer using this method over drilling and tapping. One of the best parts if the Blackhawk/Super blackhawk is the over-built, strong frame. I wouldn't dream of weakening that frame.

Do you normally run magnums or specials through yours?

Are you looking to mount a scope or a red dot? Make sure that whichever you decide to mount can take the recoil of a .44!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the advise i am going to go with the clamp on and yes i am going to run magnums going to deer hunt with it herd the leupold scope can take the recoil of a 44 neilb

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
thanks for the advise i am going to go with the clamp on and yes i am going to run magnums going to deer hunt with it herd the leupold scope can take the recoil of a 44 neilb

Cool. Let us know how it works out!

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
For real. I'd love to kill a deer with a revolver! That and a spear is about the only way I've not killed one.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
For real. I'd love to kill a deer with a revolver! That and a spear is about the only way I've not killed one.
Gumpy, there are stabbing spears (good for boars) and throwing spears. Seems like for a deer you may need an axlotl (to get the distance). I get the impression that accuracy is a problem - but you could practice.

:cool:

:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts