Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new to me Colt 1903 pocket hammerless:
ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1501043848.344477.jpg

Got it for the best price, free! (Family member wanted to pass it on to me)

Attachments

·
Registered
685 Posts
Put this on the "other" forum for you too.

BTW, you got it at an excellent price! :D

The 1903 model M ( 32acp ) came in 5 variants. Type I, II, III, IV, and V. They varied in barrel length, barrel bushings, magazine disconnects, and finish.

Type I - 1903 -4 inch barrel,
Type II - 1908 - 3 3/4 inch barrel
Type III - 1910 - no barrel bushing
Type IV - 1926 - magazine disconnects
Type V - wartime production - parkerized

Made from 1903 to 1953. Production figures were 572,215.

Yours appears to be an earlier production model based on the rubber grips. It looks to be in good shape except for some bluing wear, so I am guessing NRA Good.

Value would be around $650 with the papers and box. Papers and box alone are worth between $150 - $200, so deduct that if you don't have them.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Now that's the kind of gun we all want. Free!

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Only Savage could run into a deal like that. How about you sending it to me and I will check it out along with my other 1911's just to see how much they improved them before they built the 1911? What a great piece of history you inherited!!!

Tommy

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Muy buena pistola Savage. Nice easy shooting litle guns. I never owned one.....yet. I do have a line on one. My local trading buddy got one in nice shape for a song. Of course he wanted to sell it to me for 5 bills. I'm just too cheap to buy it for that. One of those dys I might just come up withthe right gun to swap him.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Holy moly this gun is a dream to shoot!

In the first magazine I took out 4 clay pigeons from ten yards and a coke bottle from forty yards. Very good feel in the hand and points like a 1911.

The only thing I don't particularly care for is the grip safety. It makes me hold the gun a little too tight for my liking.

If I can find a holster for it, I honestly will consider carrying it on occasion. The .32 acp is no .357 but it's better than a sharp stick......

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
You can change a .32 to a .380 by changing the barrel and magazine. Used to be able to get them from Gun Parts in New York.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It dates to 1917. 100 years old this year!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts