Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trading was slow at last weekends show. Could be that there was a hot air balloon show/ride and carnival at the fairgrounds with us all weekend. Lotta guys bringing in high dollar guns on Saturday morning mostly.

Got in late tothe show on Sunday. Crowd was still slow till after lunch. Not as many high dollar guns coming in Sunday. Had a guy and his wife come by with a Sav 110 rifle and a Winchester Mod 70. Both had Simmons 3X9X32s on them. They wanted 4 & 6 for each. Told them those were the old late 90s Wally World "package guns," so I was not gonna spend more than half of what they wanted for either. Just polymer & black with slings, great condition for both.

The guy would not come down on the Winchester which ws a .300 Win Mag. The lady had the Sav. 7 mag. She would take 3 for it. I told her that those were in every pawn shop around. I could do 2 and a quarter on it. The husband said 275 for it and no less than 450 for the Winchester. The wife said she would take 250 for the Savage as it was her gun. She had it for @ 15 years and had fired it less than 10 times, killed one deer with it. She deeded $ for bills. I could live with that.

'

After a slow afternoon, a guy came by with an old Mauser 98 for 4 bills. Told him to forget it, let's see what is in the backpack. He pulled out al like new Hi Point C9. He really didn't want to sell it, but needed $, wanted 130. I stucka Cnote under his nose and he took it. Later he came by with a Rock Island 9 mil for 450. Nope, only .45s for me. Then he said he had a couple of spare mags for the Hi Point and an ankle holster, 40 for the whole mess. I stuck a 20 under his nose and he took it.

Don't know if I would carry a Hi Point in an ankle holster myself, but he did. I digured one of my .38 snubs would fit. A couple did, so the holster will get some use. The Hi Point did not fail. It had the "ghost ring" sight on it, still like now and hardly fired if at all.

Took the 7 Mag, the caoiber that kills on both ends out and fired it real quick Monday at 25 yards just to check zero. It aas o.k. for windayge, but a bit high for 25 yards. It was 3 or so inches high. I made tha needed chages to elevation and will fire it sometime this week at 100 yards. I just had to buy it to remember what ral recoil feels like.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The HiPoint C9 is one top heavy ugly beast isn't it.

$120 brand new.

Got a used one in trade for doing some trigger work on a couple guns.

Tell you what, after some work with the sear and trigger and trigger cam, as ugly as it is that is one straight shooter with a real nice trigger feel and reliable as anything.

Still, for a carry piece? Nah. no chance. Especially for the ankle. Just too big, too awkward when there is much better available.

Doc

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked my empty 7 mag brass to see if it would chamber in the gun. I had 10 fired brass cases that would chamber in the gun. Thought I might be able to neck size the cases in my 7-08 dies. Didn't have a shell holder for the 7 mag also. Well, the cases were too wide to just neck size them in the dies I have. Ganna call a buddy to see if her has any. he swapped his brother a rifle for all of his reloading equipment and dies. I doubt he will use them cause he gave all his old stuff to his son and the kid sold it all. Maybe I can grab a set of 7 mag dies off him cheap if he has any. I know he will probably give all the reloading stuff he got from his brothe to his son again. The kid will just sell it all again.

I already have .284 caliber bullets that I got for the 7-08. They are the Hornady Ballistic Tip that was all the rage when it came out. Then they had to go back and fix a problem with the bullets cause the nylon tips were melting in flight. I doubt I will get a refund on them, so I can use them to blast with in the 7 mag. Got the cases powder & promers. Just gotta find some dies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts